PDA

View Full Version : IBM 1357 has a 981 service switch error

Custom Search

mailderrick
12-07-2010, 07:05 PM
2 problems..1. i don't have the manual for this machine and 2. if it is anything like lexmark codes it could be a transfer belt lift problem but would not know where to even get the part. grrrr. IBM!

JustManuals
12-07-2010, 09:36 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $11.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from The Internet's largest collection of manuals (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

joako
05-09-2011, 03:25 AM
I assume you resolved your issue, but for anyone else who comes along wondering what's going on:

This is the same as Lexmark C910/C912 including all parts. Some of the older Infoprint service manuals have cross-reference charts between IBM and Lexmark models, but all of the service and user manuals are rebranded Lexmark as well. In some printers/MFP IBM has renumbered the parts, but they are the same exact parts -- when working on these machines and IBM renumbered parts were ordered and shipped by IBM many times the boxes list both P/N. For e.g. I have a 1145 (W820) docking switch in front of me and the label reads "FRU P/N 12G4258, P/N IP27P8055" where 27P8055 would be the P/N shown in Infoprint service manual and 12G4258 is the original Lexmark P/N. I find that ordering by Lexmark P/N is usually cheaper. And when you thought that was simple enough, those 1145/W820 engines are by someone else, Xerox I believe. The scanner parts of the MFP are by Avaratech (sp?) but I believe Lexmark does most of the software work.

I've got the Infoprint service manuals and the one for Infoprint Color 1228/1357 states "P/N 12G9236" if you look that up it's the P/N for Lexmark C910 service manual!

Only the newest Infoprint models are not based on Lexmark, now that the IBM-Infoprint partnership has been dissolved.

There's a few others that re-brand Lexmark as well. Toshiba, Source Technologies (MICR printers), Riso, ADP, etc. come to mind.

joako
05-09-2011, 03:27 AM
Also forgot, Dell has re-branded Lexmarks at various times, however sometimes the external plastics are changed (W5300) other times it remains the same (1700/1710). Dell's a toss up because they also re-brand Samsung and some others.

mailderrick
05-10-2011, 06:53 AM
yes i got it resolved. me and another guy went to pick it up to put on the workbench to start the process and chacking everything and going all the way to the belt lift clutch if need be. When we plugged it in it started working and we tested it over the period of 2 weeks and then took it back and it has been working since???

Custom Search