PDA

View Full Version : KM-2550 -paper jam at exit

Custom Search

sandmanmac
12-07-2010, 11:10 PM
I'm a rookie on this model...I've done a fuser and drum before -that's about it. I do have a service manual, but just wanted to pick a few brains, before returning to the customer with a loaner tomorrow. The paper jams at the exit rollers, because they never turn on. I have to assume that it is the little motor above the fuser. Is this referred to as the Eject motor (p/n 2C927020)? and/or is there another possible, or even common reason, that this motor would not engage
Thanks in advance.

aragul
12-08-2010, 12:05 AM
I haven't seen that problem on a 2550, but other machines will act the same way when the eject feed switch dies. I would test the eject motor in sim U030 and the eject switch in U031.

JR2ALTA
12-08-2010, 12:46 AM
Two things I know of.

The exit section has two gears towards the front of the machine. The gears have their own clips built in, and they share a belt. Often one of these gears will stress from the heat and the clip will break off.

If the customer is exiting to a job separator there is a large solenoid to the rear of the machine. You can see it just by taking the upper left cover off. There is a large spring on this solenoid that breaks in half, which means the gate above the fuser can't redirect the paper.

sandmanmac
12-08-2010, 06:04 AM
Thanks for the tips - Very interesting. I'll check it out, and post back.

sandmanmac
12-08-2010, 06:26 PM
Two things I know of.

The exit section has two gears towards the front of the machine. The gears have their own clips built in, and they share a belt. Often one of these gears will stress from the heat and the clip will break off.

If the customer is exiting to a job separator there is a large solenoid to the rear of the machine. You can see it just by taking the upper left cover off. There is a large spring on this solenoid that breaks in half, which means the gate above the fuser can't redirect the paper.

Exactly! there were a bunch of faxes in memory so it would just start to print... and jam every time it got to the job separator. I found the solenoid, and "broken spring", so I cheated the mechanism, and everything just printed out to the lower tray. I fashioned a suitable new spring, and VOILA!...thanks a lot!

Custom Search