PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Biz Pro C6500 Counter Issues

Custom Search

ineo+6501
12-08-2010, 11:56 AM
Hi Guys

I have taken on servicing a C6500 and I have a couple of issues with the Counters.
See the attached PDF scan of part of the management list. I have highlighted the issues in green.

I'm unsure about how the machine total count is 2,199,065 but the magenta dev unit has done 2,449,175 according to the counters. Also the "total copy count of each paper size" shows 4,195,465.

Can anyone shed some light on if these seemingly mismatched counts?
Is it normal or should there be alarm bells ringing?

Thanks

Stirton.M
12-08-2010, 01:06 PM
You don't reset the counters when you replace the dev units, which should be replaced at 600K intervals?

Also, it is highly likely that you are doing double click counting for large size paper, which would account for the difference on the mechanical vs electronic. We change all ours to single count on large size.

ineo+6501
12-08-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi Stirton

Thanks for that.

However, I should explain further that I have only just taken over looking after this machine after some other copier companies had butchered it.
The counters are in the same condition as when I got my hands on it.
It has some CQ issues which I have diagnosed as dev unit related and obviously I was suprised to see that they are mega over life.
And 1 of the 1st things I did was change the dipsw to single click for large size.

I have compared the management list from this machine with another C6500 (which is set to double-click) and the "T C of each paper size" matches the Machine TC exactly.

Any chance you could have a look at these counters on the next 6500 you visit and compare?

Thanks

Stirton.M
12-08-2010, 02:20 PM
may be a while, I am on a mini-holiday atm....

mrwho
12-08-2010, 04:32 PM
Don't forget that you have two different double-click options: one for the total counter and another for the PM counter. The one that you should consider is the one for PM count (Dipsw 8-6, if 0 count as one, if 1 count as two).

Mr Spock
12-09-2010, 12:14 AM
I am with Mr Who. You have the main counter set for single click and the maintenance counter set for 2.

Custom Search