PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Konica 7165 Call service for PM

Custom Search

danielle.integ
12-08-2010, 09:12 PM
:confused::confused::confused:

My copier has been down for a week, My boss says it doesn't need "preventative maintenance". We are assuming it's because let the toner run out & when we replaced the toner, the "Call Service for PM" came up on the screen and we haven't been able to use it since.

Now my boss has sent me on the task of finding an override code? Does an overrride code even exisit?! HELP!!! Any answer will help. Just let me know what needs to be done. Do we have to get maintenance done?
:confused::(:confused:

Coptech
12-08-2010, 09:39 PM
I have never seen one shut down for preventative maint. but hold down the 2 and 5 keys while turning machine on, As best as I recall, there is a pm reset that will come up. My bet is that you have another service code or a jam condition.

minimerlin
12-08-2010, 10:29 PM
It is possible that the PM stop mode has been activated that stops the unit from copying after a certain number of copies have been made past the PM count setting.

You could just extend the PM counter, but this may mean poorer copy quality if the unit is actually due a PM.

mrwho
12-09-2010, 08:54 AM
- Turn off machine
- Press keys 2 and 5 simultaneously and don't let go
- While holding 25, turn on machine
- When a different than the usual screen appears, release 25 keys
- Chooose option 1 "Software SW"
- Change address 1-4 to "0"
- Turn machine off then on again normally.
- Check for operation

Warning: Don't change anything besides the setting I told you - you risk destabilizing the machine and causing more damage than intended.

The machine should keep asking for PM but should allow you to take copies. I don't recommend to postpone the PM for much longer, because the copy quality will degrade and you'll soon start to have toner blotches on your copies - in some cases, developer will fall from the dev unit and damage your fuser rollers.

danielle.integ
12-09-2010, 07:37 PM
Thank you SOOOO much for all your help! It is now working!! I couldn't have done it without all of your help! I really appreciate all the responses & how fast you all responded! Thanks again!!
:)

mrwho
12-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Best way to say thanks is to stick around and contribute to the forum. :)

Glad you solved your problem.

Cheers!

Custom Search