PDA

View Full Version : C-550 color registration problem

Custom Search

acsolutions
12-09-2010, 07:44 PM
Hello,

I just installed a Black imaging unit and I'm getting blurring copies, when I put the old unit back in it looks ok! ( the registration that is) I also noticed that the image is shifting in different directions, you need a magnifier to see it but it's their! I'm wondering if I should order a new unit ( very expensive) or is there some adjustments I should try!

Thanks

aesthetics1
12-09-2010, 11:18 PM
Make sure you have run the gradation adjustments in service mode, and if the problem persists, return the IU for a new one.

acsolutions
12-11-2010, 02:42 AM
yes, I did all the gradation adjustments, I guess I'll shoot for a new imaging unit!

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 06:16 AM
Likely is the image unit, but you can try doing reset and stabilize, it may correct the issue. Be sure the registration sensors are clean...these sometimes get neglected because of where they hide...

acsolutions
12-14-2010, 06:48 AM
how do you reset and stabilize? I'm kinda new to konica, and where are the registration sensors located? Thanks

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 08:16 AM
reset and stabilize can be found in either tech rep mode, image adjust, or in administrator mode, expert adjust. Both have the same effect. Select reset and stabilize and press the start button. About 15-30 seconds or so, the machine should finish the cycle and the start button will glow blue again.

There are two choices, one is just stabilize, while the other gives the command to reset. Basically, all stored adjustment values set at the time of new article detect are reset to zero and the machine redoes its value tests on image density and registration. All colours are adjusted to the black reference.

To get at the registration IDC sensors, you need to remove the transfer belt.

Open the right side door. On the front side, a cable is attached to a screw on the door frame. Unscrew the screw....it has a clip holding it to the cable. Under the transfer belt is a black metal plate. Towards the rear is a thumb screw holding a small plate in place, which locks the large plate in place. Loosen the thumb screw, slide the little plate to the right (rear of the machine), and then the large plate can move to the right and you can then remove it off the little hinge the plate sits on. It will be obvious when you see this. Take care not to touch or scratch the surface of the transfer belt. Damage and or finger prints will affect printed jobs. The latter can be cleaned off using a dry cloth, the damage...well...replace the belt unit.

Looking at the transfer belt directly, you will see two steel tabs on the left and right side with a single screw holding them. Removal of the screw, the tabs should pull out towards you, roughly an inch or so. They are not removed, just pulled out.

At this point, you can pull the transfer belt unit out towards you. Again, be careful not to damage the unit.

Once it is out....the IDC sensors will be found on the top side of the bottom wall. If looking in towards the black image unit, the sensors are towards you relative to the IU. The cover may be dirty from toner buildup. Simply clean the area with a decent tac rag will reveal a sliding cover with two transparent mylars. In the rest mode, the mylars cover the sensors, keeping them relatively clean. When the cover is moved slightly, to the rear I think, an opening allows the sensors direct access to the transfer belt unit. Simply clean those with a tac rag as before.

Don't use compressed air, the sensors are sensitive to ESP...

Then reassemble everything in the reverse order, perform reset and stabilize.

Custom Search