PDA

View Full Version : ic-303 on a Ikon CPP650 / KM c6500

Custom Search

CreateDC
12-13-2010, 02:17 AM
i have a IC-303 (S450) Fiery trying to hook up to a Ikon CPP650 / Konica Minolta c6500 ... with all cables unplugged we installed System 2.1 and User 2.1 on the fiery.

The fiery boots up in Win XP, then loads Command Work Station .... from there it says "Cannot locate print device" ....

After a few minutes, Windows say its shutting down and the the fiery powers off ...

I was told that the "Bios" needs to updated / reset?

any help / suggestions would be appreciated !

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 07:08 AM
The bios should be fine. I've yet to have issues doing any system upgrades on any fiery device, especially that specific model.

It is quite possible you have a corrupted installation, and also likely that your system install disk may be at the root of that issue. Try reinstalling the system code. Obtain a fresh copy of the system code...I recommend a good download tool, because those images can be quite large and if you have a corrupted ISO file, you will not know until you install it.

Also, is the Fiery you are trying to connect, did it originally connect to a konica minolta device and now you are trying to connect it to the Ikon? If so, this may not work. Ikon, has proprietary hardware in regards to some software solutions with their variant of this machine. It is possible the VIF may not be fully compatible, or the cable itself is not pin compatible. These to my knowledge should be fine, but I am not certain of this.

Custom Search