PDA

View Full Version : CF3102 cyan not printing evenly

Custom Search

dcat127
12-13-2010, 04:26 PM
I have a CF3102 that the cyan is not printing evenly. See photo
If I pour some toner in from the hopper it will print fine for a little bit. (obviously it is not putting enough toner into the imaging unit). I just replaced the cyan imaging unit. This caused it to work for about 2000 copies, but now it is back to the same thing.

ATCD Sensors read as follows (I think this is the toner level in imaging units?)
C 15.51%
M 8.50 %
Y 9.95%
BK 8.70%

Any ideas what to do next?

907tec
12-13-2010, 10:05 PM
Swap cyan IU's. Or, if you have another IU that is in decent shape, transfer some additional developer into this IU. I usually just swap the whole IU, as the existing developer has been sapped. Adding developer would only be a short-term solution.

Stirton.M
12-14-2010, 07:21 AM
I have a CF3102 that the cyan is not printing evenly. See photo
If I pour some toner in from the hopper it will print fine for a little bit. (obviously it is not putting enough toner into the imaging unit). I just replaced the cyan imaging unit. This caused it to work for about 2000 copies, but now it is back to the same thing.

ATCD Sensors read as follows (I think this is the toner level in imaging units?)
C 15.51%
M 8.50 %
Y 9.95%
BK 8.70%

Any ideas what to do next?

Ideally the toner level should be somewhere in the area of about 8%, +/- 1.5%.

If you replaced an image unit that was having this problem and it eventually does the same thing, odds are high there is a problem with the toner hopper unit for that colour. The motor is not being driven to add toner from the sub hopper, or the hopper itself (toner bottle) is not being driven to add toner to the hopper. A visual inspection of the sub hopper, remove the bottle and slide the cover (there is a small tab near the slider you need to press in to unlock this slider) to the opening of the sub hopper to view if there is any toner there. If the sub hopper unit is full, there is a high probability the sub hopper is not adding toner to the image unit. If the sub hopper is empty, then there is a problem with the toner bottle itself either not being driven to add toner (actually, just an agitator inside the bottle moves the toner about, gravity feeds the sub hopper), or the bottle itself is not inserted properly and the little slider at the bottom of the bottle itself is not being opened as it should.

One of those could be the cause of your toner malfunction. Replacement of the IU is recommended.

Custom Search