PDA

View Full Version : CQ Defective Brand New 7075 Dev Unit

Custom Search

mrwho
12-13-2010, 10:10 PM
Replaced a developing unit on a 7075 because the old one was simply falling appart.

But the new one comes defective, and I know for a fact that it is the developing unit because I tried it on 3 different machines with the same result.

Adjusting the magnet angle doesn't solve it. Any more hints? I'd like to repair it instead of replacing it again because, even though it's under warranty, the time it would take would mean the machine would be stopped for a longer time, and I really would like to avoid that.

Cheers!

bigdcopy
12-14-2010, 12:59 AM
I had the same problem sent it back for warrenty to Konica

mrwho
12-14-2010, 04:45 PM
Problem solved. The unit appears to be damaged indeed, since the problem was caused because the developer was too close to the drum, acting as a brush. As I said, adjusting the developer magnet angle did nothing.

So I managed to place the developer unit a couple milimiters away from the drum, and it solved the problem. Now I just need to figure out how to make the repair more permanent (right now it's just some duct tape), but, all in all, the problem is solved.

Cheers!

mrwho
01-06-2011, 09:44 AM
New development (no pun intended) on this: Now, since the developing unit is further away from the drum, the machine adds more toner to compensate for it, and with the toner concentration so high, it drops on the transfer corona, making a mess of things.
Worse yet, since I've decided to fiddle with the unit, I'm not going to send it back under warranty.
Anyone got any tips to lower the toner density on this machine, besides the usual dipswitches (5-0, 5-1, 23-2 and 23-3)?

Cheers!

pepper38_cnd
01-06-2011, 11:05 AM
The problem is probably a bad contact for the dev bias voltage, moving it away from the drum is just compensating not fixing check items 5 and 22.7796

mrwho
01-06-2011, 11:10 AM
I moved the drum away because the developer was brushing on the drum, not because it was droping developer - but I'm going to check the conductivity between the developer roller and the drum unit contact.

Thanks.

EDIT: And I tested those items prior to modifying the spacers.

mrwho
03-09-2011, 12:33 PM
Just to close this one:

I exchanged the magnetic roller from the old unit to the new one, moved the developing unit back towards the drum (to eliminate the spacing I did before) and the problem got definitely solved - apparently the new mag roller came with a defect.

Cheers!

Rolandito
11-29-2013, 11:13 PM
I have the same problem
Anybody knows how to fix it?

mrwho
11-30-2013, 12:30 AM
I have the same problem
Anybody knows how to fix it?

It's been a long time, but as I said above, either replace the entire developing unit or replace the mag roller (if you have an old broken developing unit, try to salvage the mag roller from it).

Custom Search