PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Export Document Box list from Taskalpha 420I

Custom Search

jcastleman
12-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Ok, so I was given instructions from my dealer to allow me to put the copier into Mait Mode. I did that and followed his instructions to the T. It exported the Job Accounting List and User list, but not the document box list. I know this because when I go to import these items to the other copier, it imports all of the above mentioned with the exception of the Document box list. I am using the KM Net for Accounting tool to import my Job Accounting list to all the copiers on our campus (6 Total) but have been told that by creating the Custom Box list once on the master copier and then importing them onto the other Five this should work. My question is, what am I doing wrong and is there a easier way to build custom box list on all of the copiers (EX: CSV file) or some tool to do this. Cause I do not want to have to enter 147 Custom Boxes on 6 machines individually.

tmaged
12-15-2010, 03:02 AM
Are you doing it through 917 ?

jcastleman
12-15-2010, 04:44 PM
Yes, I am doing it through the 917 option, when I export the selected information through the 917 option, IT shows a successful export, when I perform the import on the other copier, I also go through the 917 Option, It imports the Job Accounting, but still no document boxes. I have been in contact with my dealer.

On the second part of my question, do you know of any tool or utility that will allow me to create all my document boxes via CSV file and then import them to the copiers that way.

aragul
12-15-2010, 11:30 PM
It's strange that 917 doesn't work. I've never had issues with that, but I've never used document boxes either.

KMnet Viewer (http://usa.kyoceramita.com/americas/jsp/Kyocera/resource_details.jsp?pid=20730&rid=22135) looks like it would work, but it's method of setting multiple machines is confusing. Once you have all your machines discovered in the program, right click on one of them and go to Advanced -> Set Multiple Devices. Choose a destination machine (or more if you can, I've only got 1 to play with atm), then choose Device Document Box, Create from Device, and choose the Source machine. On the last page before pressing Finish, I would Save to file to get an xml file that you can use on step 3 (or keep it for a backup, because it's easy to mix up Destination and Source here).

As if that wasn't bizarre enough, if you right click a machine and go to Edit -> Document Box, you can export the boxes to a csv file, but I've never found a way to import csv.

Custom Search