PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Scanning to windows 7

Custom Search

PrintCopyScanUK
12-18-2010, 02:17 PM
Hi All, looking for a bit of advice!

I have almost finished the installation of a C220 on a customers site. They have just upgraded there PC's to windows 7.

I cannont set up smb scanning to folder.

The folder share is working and can be accessed across the network. all i get is server connect error. I feel i am missing something on the login name.

they only have 2 x PC, very simple file sharing and a standard belkin router for the internet.

Any help would be good or even better if any one has a guide.

thanks
:o

Mr Spock
12-18-2010, 05:09 PM
If you do a search you will find many answers to this issue.
The first make sure the windblows 7 machines and the copier are on the same workgroup.
Trying using ip address instead of computer name.
make sure the file is shared and full rights are set for everyone.
verify username and password.

PrintCopyScanUK
12-18-2010, 05:36 PM
Hi Mr Spock, Thanks for the reply. I have searched but not found anything of use. Been stting these things up and installing for 15 years now and first time i have really struggled.

Workgroup is a point though, sure i have this in but will double check. I always use IP address had probs with Host name.

Am i right in thinking that you have to put the workgroup in before the login name I.E. workgroup/login hope that makes sense.

Mr Spock
12-19-2010, 12:59 AM
Just make sure the workgroup name is the same. Usually the printer comes as workgroup or a kmbt type name. The computers may be set for workgroup or home or microsoft. If these do not match then it may not see the computer or the computer may not like it. Do not feel bad Winblows 7 is really picky when it comes to scanning. It either works or it is a pain. I even had one where I had to set up an additional account (user copier pass c0p1er) and give it full rights to the folder to get it to work.

ptrflrs
12-19-2010, 03:58 AM
here's a quick tip for xp, vista and 7 to find computer name, workgroup, etc quickly: hold down the windows key(usually bottom left between the ctrl and alt keys) then pres the pause/break key together [window] + [pause]

Custom Search