PDA

View Full Version : Not enough density

Custom Search

onpoint
12-20-2010, 02:52 PM
BizHub6500 with Creo Rip. My client gets a message when calibrating that "density is below expected". I just did a PM and it still comes up when attempting to calibrate. Doesn't matter what tray or stock. Firmware updates are current. Anyone know why this is coming up or how to fix?

Stirton.M
12-20-2010, 03:05 PM
Quite likely the registration assembly itself, you may have to replace it. The sensors are not a separate item and typically not serviceable, though I suppose you could try cleaning the front and rear sensors themselves...on the inside of the plastic windows I mean...they sometimes get toner dust inside and that throws off the densities. I just replace these when I have checked everything else. If you get crap densities from tech rep, it is a certainty this is the problem. Possibly the PRCB, but I doubt it.

onpoint
12-20-2010, 03:17 PM
This happens when client is using the X Rite Color Calibrator on printed bars. I would think it has something to so with either the calibrator or maybe the sw on the Creo hung up or corrupt. This is the only client with a creo so I'm not very familiar with it.

Stirton.M
12-20-2010, 11:09 PM
nothing comes up on SSD about this.

My best bet would be that perhaps the densitometer is defective, or there is data corruption in the Creo, that is, assuming the print engine itself has been cleared of any issues. Since the densitometers to the creo is proprietary, you will need a second one to test against, not very practical if all you have is one. The alternative at this point is to reinstall the system code for the creo.

onpoint
12-21-2010, 03:57 PM
Thx. I suspected from the get go it's the densitometer or creo. I'll have to see about a sw upgrade or reinstall.

mrwho
12-21-2010, 04:11 PM
How does it look to you? Do the prints seem too light or without density? If so, it's the machine problem. If they look fine to you, then check the densitometer/controller.

anothertech
12-21-2010, 04:36 PM
With the Ikon box there is a calibration patch that has new reference tables, there may be a patch for the Bizhup Creo as well.

onpoint
12-22-2010, 01:05 PM
How does it look to you? Do the prints seem too light or without density? If so, it's the machine problem. If they look fine to you, then check the densitometer/controller.

What's odd is 1) the calibration printout looks great. The solids are 100% solid. 2) when I calibrate each color, I get a check mark. The fiery won't give you a check mark if density is off. Then when I hit finish, the low density warning comes up.

Custom Search