PDA

View Full Version : Unresponsive touch Screens

Custom Search

CKiiza
12-21-2010, 09:33 AM
Good day to you.
Got these machines C250 and C450. For both, after turning them on, they boot fully to the ready to copy screen but then the touch screens are not responsive at all. for the C450, I worked on it before around 3months ago but it has been off all this time since and C250 its been newly acquired though it is used. I tried to access the C450 through network but the connectivity leds light(blink) though when I search with a universal driver the machine is not seen at all and it even wont ping yet the last time i worked on it I set the IP address. done trouble reset but the machine wont complete process since the screen is not active. Can go to utility mode but no further. my suspicion is that the relationship between the two machines is both have not been working for quite some time now. Any one seen this and solved it before?

fixthecopier
12-21-2010, 10:58 AM
The touch screen will go bad, need to change it.

artphil
12-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Quite unorthodox but it does work!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noVnvDXWrj8

Kind regards,

Artphil

bizhub1
12-21-2010, 03:41 PM
KonicaMinolta still has a FOC for those touchscreens, just did one the other day.

mrwho
12-21-2010, 04:09 PM
Have you tried adjusting the touchscreen on the Acessibility button?

CopyTechOz
12-28-2010, 03:57 AM
I tried the Unorthodox fix, it worked but failed again the next day. Anyone have any other fixes other than replacing the touchscreen? Does anyone have an actual adjustment procedure other than the adjustment on Accessibility? Thanks in advance.

Stirton.M
12-28-2010, 10:05 AM
What you see is pretty much what you get. It could simply be a matter of a poor electrical connection. The control panel itself is connected to a board found under the scanner glass section, right hand side. There are covers that you need to remove that cover the CCD scanner unit and the C-board underneath. Reseat the ribbon cable on both sides, reseat the cable that connects the C-board to the MCB on both sides.

And possibly ensure that the firmware is up to date. Failing those checks, and the previous suggestions, it is very likely you will have to replace the panel.

As for the network end of things, the network controller does take a few minutes to initialize after power on. Ensure that you set the IP address and subnet and gateway address fields according to your network needs via administration mode. Keep in mind, those settings are not available in admin mode until the controller has fully initialized. Then connect a laptop with a crossover cable directly to the machine and ping the machine or attempt to web access the machine via IE and the IP address you assigned the copier. Be sure of course, to put in a fixed IP address for your laptop when you connect it this way, and ensure the IP address you use for the copier does not conflict with any other machine on your network. Ping the address chosen before connecting on the network to ensure that IP address is free. I usually choose an IP address outside the range of the router assigned addresses...typical routers assign from 100 up...example, 192.168.0.100, I give the copier 192.168.0.99

Also, dump the universal driver. It is a piece of crap that some twit unleashed to the uninitiated....it is truly a waste of your time. Use the driver specific to your model.

Speaking of which, is there a Fiery controller attached to the machine? Or are you using the internal KM controller? The difference being is that the fiery will be a small box attached to the machine on the lower back side with a couple cables connecting it to the PCB. If you are not using the correct driver, any connection you attempt will yield problems.

CopyTechOz
12-28-2010, 07:28 PM
Thanks, will give that a shot.

fixthecopier
12-28-2010, 09:48 PM
I tried the Unorthodox fix, it worked but failed again the next day. Anyone have any other fixes other than replacing the touchscreen? Does anyone have an actual adjustment procedure other than the adjustment on Accessibility? Thanks in advance.

No, just replace the screen

CopyTechOz
12-28-2010, 09:54 PM
Thanks guys. Replaced the touch screen and we're good to go. Much obliged.

EarthKmTech
12-28-2010, 10:09 PM
On this range of machines, I must just be unlucky, but most of the time for me its not actually been the touch panel itself, but the little board it plugs into on the left hand side of the control panel. New touch panels did not fix the issue, only the board did. It was particularly prevailent in environments where the carpet causes you to discharge static electricity every 3 steps. The panel is grounded so it shouldnt be that, but clearly it was..

blackcat4866
12-28-2010, 11:37 PM
Quite unorthodox but it does work!

YouTube - touchscreen panel repair (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noVnvDXWrj8)

Kind regards,

Artphil

Interesting! I've replaced quite a number of these touch panels on Kyocera Mita products. I had read somewhere that it is a problem with the conductive glue that adheres the ribbon cable to the touch panel. I had not thought of heating it up. I still don't think I'd trust it ... =^..^=

Custom Search