PDA

View Full Version : Alignment problems on C6500

Custom Search

Grantow
12-21-2010, 10:17 PM
Evening All,

Has anyone had issues with the registration on lower PFU tray. Part way through a job registration jumps between 2 positions on the sheet. Only on this tray running 150-300gsm.

Where are the actual sensors on the tray? Would a blast of air correct this issue.

Any response would be much appreciated.

Many Thanks
Grant

Stirton.M
12-22-2010, 12:06 AM
Relative to feed direction, I am assuming you are talking front to back.

If it is lead edge/trail edge registration, check your tray timing settings and adjust accordingly.

Front to rear registration is a known issue.

There are two fixes.

One involves replacing the sensor arrays(s), the other simply involves turning off a set of sensors.

They are all identical to each other. The PF sensor can be found on the horizontal feed section of the PF unit, under that black plastic cover.

The second sensor can be found in the turnover guide section of the ADU itself...its a bit hidden, refer to your parts manual, look up PS65 for that location.

Software switch 26-4 represents the PF/LU unit, 26-5 represents the ADU unit. The switch is normally 0, disabled = 1. Generally we turn off all the sensors and then adjust the settings manually to as close as we can get them. You will have to set the PF/LU unit first, then after that, duplex. When you have completed that, then set the center position for trays 1-3.

Any slop can be compensated by image shift command found either in the print driver, or job properties in command workstation.

Replacing is completely up to you. P/N 56UA 8551 0E

jhbtech
12-22-2010, 05:48 AM
another thing u can check is the plate the sensor reflects off.coating has come off and its turned silver.recoat the plate with black spray paint.do this for both sensors(pf and adu).offsetting the paper guides in that draw seems to help some times.

redhotrob
01-06-2011, 01:30 AM
Another thing to check is the tray paper support pots (adjustable resister) for the paper size. I've seen it a few times that the value the machine reads is slightly off and it caused that problem occured. You can check in the I/O mode and compare the value between the two trays when the supports are in the same position.

Custom Search