PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7045

Custom Search

RockETop
06-08-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi all,

I am working on a Konica 7045. The customer has complained of intermittent jamming for a year. Finally, I am the one that gets to observe the E89-02 code that stops the machine. The previous techs did not observe this code and it never shows as a jam and no one noticed....nevermind.

The code only appears on long 8 1/2 x 11R, 14 " and 11x17 and only when duplexed 2 - 1 or 2 - 2. After the last "good" copy the next is totally missing side one, side two is fine. There is a good side one on the way to getting side two at the registration of the ADU and a side one that is shifted toward the lead edge, missing a good two inches. This is partially sticking out of the fuser. After the machine stops and before the code appears, the paper drive stops and the developer motor, main motor and fuser continue to spin.

I have replaced the Control board (no extra memory) and the ICB to no avail. I have a ADU board, FNS board, and ADF board and a Scanner board on order. Prior techs have replaced and/or cleaned clutches and gears from paper feed to exit.

Nice to start off w/ a good one. eh?

RockETop
06-20-2007, 12:33 AM
No takers?

bushy
06-20-2007, 06:19 AM
just a long shot but the door switches play havoc with these 7033,7040,7045 m/cs
I had one this morning (ausie time) that just ran on and said m/c copying but nothing was comming out.
turns out the door switch mount had brocken so the switch was only 1/2 making.
I repaired the brocken mount and replaced the door switch and all ok now
I pulled the old switch apart and the contacts were completely burnt out.
I have replaced 1 dozen or so of these little devils in the last 12 months for various reasons maybe this is another one.

I dont know if this has any bearing on your fault but it sounds like you have nothing to lose by replacing the switch

bushy

RockETop
06-20-2007, 02:43 PM
just a long shot but the door switches play havoc with these 7033,7040,7045 m/cs
I had one this morning (ausie time) that just ran on and said m/c copying but nothing was comming out.
turns out the door switch mount had brocken so the switch was only 1/2 making.
I repaired the brocken mount and replaced the door switch and all ok now
I pulled the old switch apart and the contacts were completely burnt out.
I have replaced 1 dozen or so of these little devils in the last 12 months for various reasons maybe this is another one.

I dont know if this has any bearing on your fault but it sounds like you have nothing to lose by replacing the switch

bushy

Thanks for the reply.

The door switch has been replaced with no results. I really thought that that was the problem.

skirt_chaser
06-20-2007, 05:06 PM
My book says "abnormal control board communication". I would look at flashing the board with the latest ROM version if you have replaced the board already. Just my two cents....

blackthumb
06-20-2007, 06:03 PM
This may be a ground problem. The drum ground, board ground or the wall may be an issue here. Since the paper is jammed during process, and there are both registration and image problems, and the code is for board communication, these areas are the places I would look.

ebm
06-20-2007, 06:39 PM
Konica SSD knowledge base has quite a few "E89-02" solutions. You should check it out.

RockETop
06-21-2007, 01:15 AM
My book says "abnormal control board communication". I would look at flashing the board with the latest ROM version if you have replaced the board already. Just my two cents....

Control board has been flashed and replaced and flashed. No soap. Thanks!

RockETop
06-21-2007, 01:16 AM
Konica SSD knowledge base has quite a few "E89-02" solutions. You should check it out.

I have, but they do not list symptoms. I have the RADF board and the FNS board to try from solutions.

RockETop
06-21-2007, 01:17 AM
This may be a ground problem. The drum ground, board ground or the wall may be an issue here. Since the paper is jammed during process, and there are both registration and image problems, and the code is for board communication, these areas are the places I would look.

Great idea! I also have a memory parameter board to try too, or "meter memory board."

nightshade
06-21-2007, 04:10 AM
NVRAM

ebm
06-21-2007, 11:59 PM
One of Konica's solutions mentioned the version compatability. When you flashed, did you do all boards (including finisher) or just the printer control?

ebm
06-22-2007, 12:00 AM
Control board has been flashed and replaced and flashed. No soap. Thanks!
One of Konica's solutions mentioned the version compatability. When you flashed, did you do all boards (including finisher) or just the printer control?

RockETop
06-22-2007, 12:52 AM

Yep.

RockETop
06-22-2007, 12:56 AM
The answer is...

Memory Parameter board. The machine started responding more quickly to keystrokes too.

Thanks for the replies.

RET

Custom Search