PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine EFI FIERY S450

Custom Search

alsi5
12-23-2010, 01:48 PM
Hi,
I have a dead s450, i've changed hard disk and RAM. I have a fiery S450 installation disk but i think it is broken. Did anybody can send me a backup of his hard disk to s450?

Matanga
01-10-2011, 06:56 PM
Do you still need the copy of the System discs? The Cloning procedure will not work with the S450 because it validates a sum of components at the installation time, so if that sum of components differ from one server to other the S450 will not boot at all. Please let me know if you need the system disks.

alsi5
01-10-2011, 07:10 PM
Yes, i still need disks...

Rbest77
11-01-2012, 08:25 PM
Bios configuration on installing eif s450 fiery, what is the bios format? How long does it usually take to install? on this efi it installed all the way up to 4 0f 4, no it just say preparing to install please wait all night on 2 different machines?

Synaux
11-01-2012, 08:53 PM
I know this off-topic (kind of).
While you have the thing taken apart, I strongly recommend taking the CPU heatsink off and apply new thermal paste. Be sure to remove that crap thermal tape first though (acetone or other products work well like ArctiClean (https://www.google.com/search?q=ArctiClean&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&aq=t&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a&source=hp&channel=np)).

I have no idea what EFI is thinking putting that crap tape of their expensive proprietary computers...perhaps a conspiracy theory can be made for such cases.

This can lower the operating temp ab as much as 20C in my experience. If the system is running excessively how and the CPU malfunctions it could cause data corruption.
Heat is the number one enemy of computers.

Did Matanga get you software?

**I just noticed how old this post is Rbest77 (http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/members/rbest77.html) threw me off...oh well**

Rbest77
11-02-2012, 09:32 AM
i need to exactly how the bios beeds to be before running software installing it goes all the way through on two different machines then get stuck. must be bios set up?

Custom Search