PDA

View Full Version : konica minolta biz hub 200

Custom Search

copierlady
12-26-2010, 12:53 AM
Working on a biz hub 200 it has void lines every once in a while. Not consistant. I thought it was a flat spot on the fuser, that is what it looks like but that is not the problem. When it does happen twice in a row the void areas are about 3 inches apart.

fixthecopier
12-26-2010, 12:50 PM
Pull the IU and look inside. There is some cheap foam around the erase lamps that fall down and block the laser, and look inside the IU. I just took a paperclip out of one.

copierlady
12-26-2010, 05:16 PM
Ok guys hate to admit it but i came into the shop today! Trying to wind up somethings befor i take a short break for new years. Here is a scan of my issue. I also found when checking the drum unit that there is a scratch pretty deep on the far right side out of the line of site on the copies.
Tried to coat it with fingernail polish. I thought it helped, but after about 15 copies the problem came back. The polish could'nt wear off that quick could it?
Thanks7679

fixthecopier
12-26-2010, 09:54 PM
That scratch is most likely the drum coming in contact with mag roller. T collars go bad and it causes quality problems. There is a thread called Bizhud 250/350 eating drums. It will shed a lot of light on this.

copierlady
12-27-2010, 01:03 PM
Ok guys thanks i'll check it out.

solis557
12-27-2010, 03:16 PM
It looks like to me the developing unit is starting to fail

teckmate
12-27-2010, 04:25 PM
Looks like toner blocked in developer unit. Drag paper along mag roller may clear blockage, but usually comes back.Change developer usually cures problem.

galumina
12-27-2010, 05:26 PM
There is a slight possiblity that the Developer needs to be changed. and the doctor blade cleaned that should take care of lines.good luck

solis557
12-27-2010, 05:32 PM
if you are going to replae dv you might as well replace dv unit at the same time

SmellsHot
12-27-2010, 05:40 PM
dont forget to look at the transfer roller. There are white arms on the end of the transfer roller that come into contatct with the drum unit. If these are worn funny on either end it will also eat your drum unit like the dev collars do.....

mrwho
12-27-2010, 05:50 PM
Just to throw another twig onto the fire, check if your drum has aluminum on sight where there shouldn't be any - if there is, it could be arcing and causing that kind of problem.

solis557
12-27-2010, 06:23 PM
if you replace drum unit, dv, dv unit and transfer roller all at the same time this machine will run a long time without cq problems. I worked for km and parts were readily available and i know how hard it can be for mom and pop shops to get the parts, but if you do this and change the drumlife counter to off you can almost get double the life from this unit.

Millennium
12-27-2010, 07:56 PM
dont forget to look at the transfer roller. There are white arms on the end of the transfer roller that come into contatct with the drum unit. If these are worn funny on either end it will also eat your drum unit like the dev collars do.....

I can not reiterate just how important this is. We have had techs replace the drum AND DV unit and forget this only to have a call placed on them within a month with the same issues.

The transfer roller is a $20 part that will save you a ton of money in the long run if replaced in a timely manner. The drum scratch on the right side (along with probable damage to the rear side DV seal) are both symptoms associated with the transfer roller also being worn.

Hansoon
12-29-2010, 07:12 AM
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/9888-bizhub-250-350-eating-drums.html

Hans

KEVIN900
12-29-2010, 11:48 PM
I just re-read that entire thread. What a learning experience. That was a total Think Tank.

ptrflrs
12-30-2010, 12:46 AM
Ok guys hate to admit it but i came into the shop today! Trying to wind up somethings befor i take a short break for new years. Here is a scan of my issue. I also found when checking the drum unit that there is a scratch pretty deep on the far right side out of the line of site on the copies.
Tried to coat it with fingernail polish. I thought it helped, but after about 15 copies the problem came back. The polish could'nt wear off that quick could it?
Thanks7679

time for a new photoconductor. how many clicks? there used to be this magic "teflon tape' i used to use to test this but if u can see the aluminum on one of the sides, the drum is gone. c450, c351, cf2002/3102, c363 and c360 all suffer from this same issue. its very likely a charge/grid arcing to the drum at regular intervals at or around the scratch as the charge builds up. if u fold the sheet over lead to trail to form a roll from void to void to overlap u should have the approximate circumference of the drum -if you want proof.

copierlady
02-16-2011, 11:19 PM
Thanks for all your help. I did not get to finish this job. The guy did not want to put any money in the machine. Getting a lot of that lately. Thanks

mrwho
02-17-2011, 07:50 AM
Thanks for all your help. I did not get to finish this job. The guy did not want to put any money in the machine. Getting a lot of that lately. Thanks

Why I'm not surprised...

Custom Search