PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C350 Clicking, but dead

Custom Search

mrfuser
12-27-2010, 04:43 PM
We have a C350 at a client that just makes a clicking sound, but will not power on. Dead Power Supply perhaps?

Any suggestions?

Thanks

Kelly

mrwho
12-27-2010, 05:00 PM
Blank screen or does it show anything at all?

The clicking sounds like a relay on the power supply, so that's definitely the most likely possibility.

mrfuser
12-27-2010, 05:02 PM
Blank screen. Nothing showing up.

Thanks

Kelly

mrwho
12-27-2010, 05:05 PM
This might sound dumb, but check the connection between the scanner and the main body - if it is disconnected, it will not show anything on the control panel, sounding like a power malfunction.

mrfuser
12-27-2010, 05:29 PM
checked that. Just swapped power supplies with a known good and same result. Power supply clicks on and off. Tried opening doors and closing, tried unplugging scanner and back in, all same result. Something is stopping the power supply from activating completely.

Any thoughts?

Thanks

Kelly

mrwho
12-27-2010, 05:31 PM
Try to disconnect all the peripherals and turning on the machine with all the doors and trays opened.

Stirton.M
12-28-2010, 10:44 AM
I suspect a short someplace. It could be an overload condition causing the PSU relays to switch on and off, a protection routine as it were.

The cause could be quite literally any of the electrical components. Visual inspection might reveal an obvious issue, but don't expect this as the norm.

Jemmi Anderson
12-28-2010, 10:52 AM
The cause could be quite literally any of the electrical components. Visual inspection might reveal an obvious issue, but don't expect this as the norm.

mrwho
12-28-2010, 11:58 AM
I suspect a short someplace. It could be an overload condition causing the PSU relays to switch on and off, a protection routine as it were.

Years ago I had a 7060 doing exactly that because the sensor for the lower right door was broken and it was shorting against the chassis. It happened twice in a week and the symptoms repeated.

Custom Search