PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minota CF3120 duplexing problem

Custom Search

rdyjnkns
12-27-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm workingt on a Konica Minota CF3120 does great single-sided copies but jams when duplexing. The paper stops on the lower roller of the duplexer ((see photo). I have removed the cover and watch the motor spin. I have also cleaned all the rollers in both the duplexer and the copiers.

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

Stirton.M
12-28-2010, 10:18 AM
Might be one of the sensor flags has popped off. Check those....there are two if I recall correctly. One in the entrance and one half way up. You will have to remove the unit to inspect. Two screws below the top roller. There is a cover on the lower right below the unit where the electrical connection is. There are two plastic tabs on the bottom side between the main body door and the unit, lifting the unit slightly will unlock those tabs for removal.

rdyjnkns
12-28-2010, 06:27 PM
Thanks Stirton. I performed an inspection of the duplexing unit yesterday and couldn't find anything wrong. Both sensor flags are good and I didn't see an obstruction in the paper path. Will look again.

minimerlin
12-28-2010, 10:18 PM
Have a look at the photosensors in the I/O test mode. Also check the mini clutches in the duplex, try swopping them over to see if fault moves.

KEVIN900
12-29-2010, 11:55 PM
Run your hand up and down the fins on the door. A machine that vintage gets very brittle, and plastic parts snapping off are common. A burr on the fin could snag paper. Also ensure the door latch closes properly. One impatient door closing by an agitated customer can really put a hurting on your classic copier.

Custom Search