PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 250 Fax Driver Available?

Custom Search

mrfuser
12-28-2010, 04:59 PM
Okay, client asked us to install an FK503 fax kit. We ordered the kit, but can't find a fax driver for faxing from PC anywhere. I even checked the Europe site to no avail. Is faxing from PC not an option on the 250?

Thanks all!

Kelly

mrfuser
12-28-2010, 06:02 PM
Okay, I found this file, on KM Europe. Why they can't put it on North America I have no idea. It claims it is for many models, one being the 250. So here is the link for anyone in the future scrambling to find it.

Download Result - Download Center | KONICA MINOLTA (http://www.konicaminolta.eu/business-solutions/support/download-center/download-result.html?packageId=17607)

Enjoy all!

Kelly

Hansoon
12-29-2010, 06:42 AM
Until now didn't find a solution to use Networkfax with W7. With XP it works fine.

Hans

aesthetics1
12-29-2010, 11:25 PM
Have you attempted to run it in Compatibility Mode?..

Hansoon
12-30-2010, 06:46 AM
Have you attempted to run it in Compatibility Mode?..

Most of the customers have W7 Home Premium which doesn't have the Compatibility Mode isn't it? Or am I misinformed?

Hans

pepper38_cnd
12-30-2010, 11:56 AM
The Network Fax Utility is available on the SSD under "UTILITIES" and it appears anyone who upgrades to a 64 Bit OS is out of luck as it just won't work. If anyone has found a work arround for this please share.

aesthetics1
12-30-2010, 04:11 PM
Konica Minolta's regular Network Fax drivers for even their newer machines have issues on 64-bit systems. For example, you cannot add a fax cover sheet using the utility with a C220/280/360 series fax driver.

I haven't heard of compatibility mode being disabled in home level Windows versions - it has been in all versions that I know of since Vista.

Hansoon
12-30-2010, 04:22 PM
See under W7 Professional. The XP mode starts from here.

Windows 7 editions - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Windows_7_editions)

Hans

aesthetics1
12-30-2010, 04:25 PM
I'm not referencing the XP mode, I'm referencing right clicking on the application, selecting properties, and running the install as well as the program itself in "Windows XP Compatibility Mode"

EDIT: Semi-unrelated, this works for Pagescope Pro (The cheesy bloated FTP Server that KM used to bundle for FTP scanning) on Windows Vista, 7, etc... Although I advocate using the FTP Utility or another third-party tool.

mrfuser
01-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Okay, installed Kit, can fax from machine no problem. Went to install network fax utility and it seemed to install okay, but we can't get it to fax from any of the workstations. Client is running XP. I tried adding the ports in the firewall per Konica instructions and still we get nothing.

The box pops up and says "server connection error".

Any thoughts out there?

Thanks

Kelly

aesthetics1
01-04-2011, 10:26 PM
I would imagine you haven't configured the settings for the program. You need to go into the program and go to the tools menu to set it up I believe. It has been a long time since I have used that program, but I remember having to plug in the unit's IP Address before being able to fax out. Try poking around the menus to see.

mrfuser
01-04-2011, 10:30 PM
Yes I have done that. Still does not work. The manual for the 250 says it should.

Thanks

Kelly

aesthetics1
01-04-2011, 10:36 PM
Can you show me a screenshot of the error you're getting and also when you're getting it? I'm a little confused.

Your steps should be:
1. Open a document (Word, etc.)
2. File > Print > Select the Network Fax Printer (Whatever it named itself.)
3. Select Print, you should get a verification screen with a thumbnail of the document, and you should have a checkbox at the top to confirm sending.
4. The network fax utility should launch, and you should hear the copier beep as it receives/sends the fax out.

Where are you getting the error, and can I see a screenshot please?

mrfuser
01-04-2011, 10:47 PM
I am using network fax version 4.5.35. Sorry I can't do a screen shot and input it here. Not sure how from this clients PC. It pops up a window and says "server connection error". Then it counts down to try to send it again. Is there a different utility and/or driver I should use for the bizhub 250?

Thanks

Kelly

aesthetics1
01-04-2011, 10:50 PM
I have 4.6.1. Let me try this out here and see what results I have. Give me just a bit!

aesthetics1
01-04-2011, 10:53 PM
Just to confirm you have set this up in the program, correct?:

EDIT:
Have you seen this also?

Subject:
Server connection error when PC-faxing. Other PCs are able to fax.
Description:
Server connection error when PC-faxing. Other PCs are able to fax.
Solution:
CAUSE: Anti-virus scanning of the PC-fax is causing the job to time out.

SOLUTION: Configure the Anti-virus program to not scan PC-fax jobs.

Any anti-virus software on the PC? Any of the other PCs exhibiting the same problem?

I would recommend completely disabling any firewall software temporarily. McAffee, Norton, AVG, Eset, etc.

In addition to the FK unit, have you also installed the extra memory?

mrfuser
01-04-2011, 10:54 PM
yes, exactly, just different IP of course.LOL

aesthetics1
01-04-2011, 10:57 PM
A-ha! The .50 address is the only acceptable address for a networked MFP device!!! Glad to solve your problem..... </sarcasm>... hahaha.

Shadow99
01-06-2011, 01:43 AM
In order to PC-fax from this model, you must turn "Gateway TX" to on(allow) from restrict. This is found under the admin/network setting screen.

aesthetics1
01-06-2011, 04:38 PM
I believe the gateway TX setting only stops the machine from printing the jobs instead of faxing them out, but I could be wrong. I haven't encountered that personally.

mrfuser
01-06-2011, 04:42 PM
I had actually turned that on right away. Does anyone know what SIP-FAX is in service mode? It is disabled currently.

Thanks

Kelly

Shadow99
01-07-2011, 11:20 AM
SIP-Fax is for VOIP or internet faxing so it should be off.

zarazek
10-28-2012, 01:46 PM
I have the very same problem. Trying to print document to "Network fax for windows" driver in order to fax it out via bizhub doesn't work. It results with "server connection error" message.

Enviroment:
Bizhub250 with fax module. Network Fax software installed on PC (WinXP_ProSP3) with the bizhub's local network IP number set (192.168.0.150). No firewall, no antivirus. "Gateway TX" in bizhub's configuration set to ALLOW.

Any ideas?

Custom Search