PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7150 error code

Custom Search

JimBeam
06-08-2007, 10:41 PM
Error code F35-2 (low fusing temperature).:confused:
Both fixing heater lamps and both thermostats have continuity. All three fixing temperature sensors measure open. TH2 had to be cleaned because it was loaded with toner. I cleaned the male and female contacts on CN392 and verified connectivity on both CN98 and CN6. What else should I try? Any advice is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Scott_Lewis
06-13-2007, 05:27 AM
Not familiar with older Konicas....... but, I've had this problem with bad power relays that switch the lamps. You might be able to watch the lamp brightness, feel abnormal heat at the relay, see browning around the relays, or measure a less than line voltage at the lamp connectors.

A loss of 5 volts is a lot. That would amount to having only about 91% of the original heating. A four minute warmup would be more like 4m 24s.

You could also be losing power through any of the connectors. The lamp resistance is only about 13 ohms. It wouldn't take much to rob the power from the lamp.

JimBeam
06-13-2007, 02:09 PM
Thank you ever so much, scott_lewis. I'll check it out.

ebm
06-13-2007, 07:01 PM
The power supply on the lower left side of the machine (need to remove finisher) is common suspect when dealing with fuser error codes. We also have problems if the cleaning roller screw on the rear side is not tightened down it works its way out and digs a groove in the heat roller where the thermistor sits.

JimBeam
06-15-2007, 03:24 PM
Thanks ebm and again, scott_lewis. I reset the error code with service mode 25, dipsw 3-1. I saw dipswitch reset in my service manual and immediately commenced to search for a PHYSICAL dipswitch.:confused: No wonder my first wife still calls me a DIP to this day!:cool::cool: Thanks again for all of your support in this matter.

Custom Search