PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Wrong Imaging Unit

Custom Search

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
12-30-2010, 07:20 PM
Hi, to you all Guyz ! First of all I confess, I'm not KonicaMinolta expert. Now, I HAD THIS km bizhub C450 which was displaying the message " Replace the imaging unit". since KM has no dealership in my country, the parts are hard to comeby. But somehow I managed to get the Imaging unit for KM bizhub c350. physically it resembles that of km c450. I pushed it into the machine km bizhub c450. And now I get a new message; "please install correct imaging unit and close door". My question is ,can I somehow "force" this imaging unit to work in this machine, say through simulations? I am as of now stuck. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated.

907tec
12-30-2010, 07:42 PM
I am assuming that you are talking about the black imaging unit...? The color IU's for c350/c351/c450 are all interchangeable. The only difference between the imaging unit that you have, and the one you need, is a tiny microchip. If you had another c351/c450 imaging unit, you could install that chip in this IU and get it working. The problem is, you must have a "new" or "reset" chip in order to clear the "replace IU" message.

Depending on the level of your machine's firmware, you might be able to continue using the machine, despite the annoying message. In service mode, press Stop-0-Clear to bring up the Enhanced Security mode. Choose "IU life stop setting" and switch to "not stop". You will have to install the old imaging unit again, or swap the chip from the old imaging unit to the new one that isn't working.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
12-30-2010, 07:58 PM
Thanks a lot dear 907tec for your help. Your info and explanation is crystal clear, I'll get to the machine and try just that and give you a feedback.

Stirton.M
12-31-2010, 06:57 AM
There are also a couple guys here selling chip reset kits. There is a banner ad that links to a site one of them runs. Though resetting does work well, there are limits to how many times you can do this before the IU itself becomes so worn out that copy quality severely suffers.

I am told you can buy drums and developer for these units from a company by the name of Katun, though I have never looked to see and verify that. With that, you can greatly increase the life span, but even that has limits.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
12-31-2010, 12:11 PM
Thank you Stirton.M, for this eye-opening information. I must confess that whenever I open this website ( cpytechnet ) I always see an advertising banner for KONICA MINOLTA chip resetter, blinking at the top page, but had never bothered to click on it since i had a biased mind that "I am not a KM guy". Oh my, today after reading your post above, I clicked on the site, and what a wealth of information i found ! The site is trouble free and easy to navigate unlike some other sites which tends to cause a malfunction in my computer and forcing me to re-load the operating system. I particularly have problems with Paul's site " manuals for you" whenever i try to open it !. I don't know how far the two sites are related.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
12-31-2010, 12:23 PM
As for KATUN products, I can testify that they are really very good. In this part of the globe where I live, many customers who cannot afford OEMs prefer only the KATUN equivalent of the products than any other brand. It could be having some of its own technical limitations eg. producing fewer copies than OEM, or wearing the OPC drum faster I don't know, but it serves the customers well.

Stirton.M
12-31-2010, 08:06 PM
it is my understanding that the bunch of advertisers here are independent.

KEVIN900
01-01-2011, 09:41 AM
I have found the Katun parts just fine, except for the drums, which just feel inferior, and are a strange blue color. They don't last as long either. All their other parts seem fine. My dealership started using more and more Katun recently. Perhaps the savings is enough to justify the extra replacement costs.

BR549
01-01-2011, 03:49 PM
My company uses some Katun parts, but not feed tires or sep pads. They suck big time! Specifically the cassette feed tires for Konica 7020-7145 machines and also Konica 7033 DF feed tire & sep pad. Had lots of problems with those. Switched back to OEM feed tires & sep pads. No more problems.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
01-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Thanks alot 907tec & STIRTON for your advice. I was on the km c405 this morning. I swapped the old chip from the old imaging unit to the c350 and tried to enter the service mode: UTILITY>IMAGE SUBS..(detail) >STOP>O,O>STOP> etc, then reset STOP.O.CLEAR>END. The machine is now running well, only that as you said the annoying message" change imaging unit keep coming" and as of now i don't have a chip resetter. But atleast my customer is working . Any other trick up your sleeves?

Stirton.M
01-05-2011, 04:58 AM
nothing in this case I am afraid...but stay tuned... ;p

Custom Search