PDA

View Full Version : Kyocera Mita KM-1650

Custom Search

alsi5
12-31-2010, 10:15 AM
My 1650 do a weary weak (pale) copies. I've changed drum unit, developing unit, laser and transfer roller from ollivetti 1600 (which is copying great) and this still doesn't work. Did anybody have any idea how to fix it?

in service mode is set default data because when i changed sth in 101 it will not take any changes. ;/

p.s. when i changed this part in second way (parts from 1650 to 1600) it was great on 1600.

peterepeat
12-31-2010, 02:56 PM
Try cleaning the optics very very very well. They can look dust-free but may have a blue-ish or gray-ish haze on them. Use alcohol and keep polishing. If you look straight down over the platen & look thru the optical path for the CCD before & after polishing you should see a difference.

gmckenna
12-31-2010, 02:58 PM
How are internal reports? Also, have the optics been cleaned?

alsi5
12-31-2010, 04:12 PM
reports are bad too so i think it will be not dirty optics...

blackcat4866
12-31-2010, 11:56 PM
What does the latent image on the drum look like?

peterepeat
01-01-2011, 07:07 AM
Since you swapped developer units we can assume it's not toner & if you swapped the drum I assume you swapped the main charge corona as well. You may want to check the contacts where the drum & developer meet the back wall of the machine, as well as where the left door contacts the body for the transfer assy. It may be an H/V issue or Engine board but before you start pulling boards it wouldn't hurt to try a U021 & initialize the machine. Print out a Maintenance Report 1st & you can do a U026 before & U027 after.
If I had to guess though I would say it sounds like transfer.

gmckenna
01-01-2011, 10:54 AM
Is "Toner Save" turned on? My boss loves to turn this on, and I always get a service call for light copies. Also make sure that all user adjustments are normal.

alsi5
01-01-2011, 12:33 PM
I don't think it will be "toner save" mode because the copies look very bad ;/ when i open ADF and make copies i get almost white card. Next when i'm making this copies and stop machine work - on the drum i don't have any image (no toner). I've got contacts from all parts with back side (i checked it first)... But when i've changed transfer roller from ollivetti 1600 to kyocera mita Km-1650 i've seen a little improving for a while, unfortunately not great and only for ~5 copies.

gmckenna
01-01-2011, 01:44 PM
Try sim 130 to add toner. These units do not have a toner sensor in the developer, and I have seen them run out.

blackcat4866
01-01-2011, 02:56 PM
Is "Toner Save" turned on? My boss loves to turn this on, and I always get a service call for light copies. Also make sure that all user adjustments are normal.

Mine too! Then he complains about the image quality at in-house demos. Hmmm, I wonder what it could be ... ?

blackcat4866
01-01-2011, 03:09 PM
Try sim 130 to add toner. These units do not have a toner sensor in the developer, and I have seen them run out.
Agreed. You've ruled out primary charge (black copies), transfer charge (good latent image/poor prints), optics (internal reports print good).

The only thing I wonder about is if the Olivetti developing unit & drum unit that you are interchanging are compatible. There may be some subtle difference that makes the units incompatible. Specifically I've come across a situation like this with primary charge units between the VoyagerE machines. They look very similar, but are not similar enough.

I'm still leaning toward something developing related. Maybe the developer is not agitating. Maybe it's not being fed toner, like McKenna suggests. If you make a finger smudge on the developing roller, does it fill in after making a copy? Perhaps the laser optics are dirty? Like me, I'm sure you would like to diagnose the problem first, them order the appropriate parts, but sometimes you just have to resign yourself to ordering parts without being sure if they will fix the problem. =^..^=

alsi5
01-01-2011, 03:40 PM
then, how to off toner save mode in kyocera? :D

The most funny things - km 1650 has count 19000 copies ;/

blackcat4866
01-01-2011, 04:10 PM
Here's how to change this setting:

=^..^=

JR2ALTA
01-01-2011, 04:54 PM
Does the mag roller have dev on it?

I've replaced engine board because it wasn't signaling the toner motor.

gmckenna
01-01-2011, 06:42 PM
Check the operation of the Developer Cam/Lock mechanism. When you push the plate in it should cam the developer into the drum. If something is blocking this, the developer could be too far from the drum.

DAG COPIERS & COMPUTERS
01-01-2011, 06:43 PM
You didn't give us the background history of how the fault started. Anyway, first try to change the toner mode setting to "off" as shown above by " blackcat". But I bet you will have to tripple check the HIGH VOLTAGE UNIT of the circuit. There's possibility of poor contact with dev unit,lack of or insufficient transfer voltage or primary charging. I had a battle with " blank copies" with with the same model a couple of months ago until I opened the back and had the HV contacts and the primary charger contacting properly, it is abit TRICKY, you may think the HV contacts on the board is resting properly on dev contacts or primary charger when its not. Reheat or re-solder any dry joints. Give us a feedback when the battle is over.

alsi5
01-03-2011, 09:54 AM
U130 won't help ;/ i've tried after and before changing parts...

I will try the rest solutions now

Custom Search