PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous C35 Copact PDF Black Bands

Custom Search

alan.ward
12-31-2010, 01:50 PM
Several machines are generating a black band at the bottom of the page when sanning in Compact PDF. This does not happen when scanning in PDF format. Any Ideas as to why this might be?

BIG PAPA
12-31-2010, 02:34 PM
Can you attach a sample? Is it picking up the edge of the paper?

alan.ward
12-31-2010, 02:52 PM
It's not the edge of the paper, but it does look like noise or something it is very dark and is about 1 inch wide (cross track). it also has a pattern to it noise sometimes look like. I think it is a raster or compression problem.

konisolver
12-31-2010, 06:49 PM
I believe its a firmware issue and only affects when using compact pdf. Are you scanning ftp or smb?

Stirton.M
12-31-2010, 08:05 PM
I'm thinking a firmware issue, or perhaps hard disk/memory related. Being in multiple machines, I am hesitant to say this is a certainty.

Update the firmware first to ensure it is the latest. I do not know these machines well, but I would assume there is a means to test the memory onboard and possibly reformat the hard disk along with a memory wipe. On the larger floor machines, one touch data and user configuration settings (network, device defaults) are usually erased with a memory clear process. I am taking the assumption that if this machine is capable of doing this, a similar action will take place. Be sure to back up the information before you attempt this process.

Swapping the memory with another stick of RAM might resolve this too, but bear in mind the memory on this machine is proprietary to KM, you will not find it sold in stores.

Custom Search