PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 7145 streaks on prints

Custom Search

svwpa
01-01-2011, 12:10 AM
Our bizhub 7145 developed this streak today. The streaks show up on copies and on prints (from computer). I pulled both of the blue knobs on the front on the copier in and out before this print. That manuver had no change on the streaking. Do you have any ideas on how to fix this problem or what is causing it. See attachment

Total = 220,000
52,000 print copies

Thanks, Mark

01-01-2011, 12:17 AM
Looks like the drum and/or cleaning blade needs replacing.

RockETop
01-01-2011, 12:20 AM
Yes, that is the cleaning blade.

svwpa
01-01-2011, 12:49 AM
Does it make sense that it would go bad in one day. We changed the tonner cartridge 2 weeks ago. No one reported a paper jam. Thanks, Mark

mrwho
01-01-2011, 01:54 AM
It usually happens all of a sudden, and it will get worse if not treated. You can try to just clean up the cleaning blade, but it will probably reappear soon since that is a sign the blade is losing its properties.

svwpa
01-01-2011, 09:35 PM
Shall I replace the cleaning blade itself ($26) or the whole assembly ($75). Thanks, Mark

mrwho
01-02-2011, 01:43 AM
I never had to replace the whole assembly (the drum assembly), so you only need to do it if it is somehow damaged. Usually only the blade is fine, or, if needed, blade+drum. Sometimes you also need to either repair or replace the charge corona (another part of the drum assembly) but the scan you showed us doesn't suggest that.

pepper38_cnd
01-02-2011, 03:11 PM
You have a pit mark in the drum causing the cleaning blade to skip, replacing the blade alone will only be a temporary fix. Then when it comes back you will have to replace both the blade and the drum. If you look at the pages you have displayed you will see on both pages an area were there is line crossing the vertical streaks that is where the pit mark is and this is where the blade skips.

mrwho
01-02-2011, 03:25 PM
You have a pit mark in the drum causing the cleaning blade to skip, replacing the blade alone will only be a temporary fix. Then when it comes back you will have to replace both the blade and the drum. If you look at the pages you have displayed you will see on both pages an area were there is line crossing the vertical streaks that is where the pit mark is and this is where the blade skips.

Nice! I missed that one, actually. Good job! Replace both the drum and the blade.

Custom Search