PDA

View Full Version : Replacing Bizhub C220 toner a little early, how to reset toner counter?

Custom Search

konica_user
01-02-2011, 06:29 PM
I see my Bizhub C220 magenta will be empty in a day or two, but the low warning toner message hasn't appeared yet.

I put in a new magenta toner and turned the machine off and on, but the toner level indicator on the front panel still shows the same low level.

Do I need to wait until the copier tells me it is out to replace the magenta toner? Or is there a way I can do it early and get the copier to recognize I put in a new one?

Thanks

Mooseface2r
01-02-2011, 06:54 PM
I'm confused as to why you would replace it if it's not empty?

I belive they don't throw up a toner low warning they just come up saying replace but I might be wrong.

As to why it hasn't recognised it I don't know. They dint have chips on them like the old model.

CraigW
01-02-2011, 09:18 PM
We were told in class, and there is something in the knowledge base to "wait until the machine indicates to replace it" and never early or it may not read correctly.

Stirton.M
01-02-2011, 10:17 PM
Put the empty-ish bottle back in the machine and allow the machine to force you to replace the bottle. There are no sensors associated with the toner bottle itself. The hopper unit beneath the bottle has a 2 stage toner empty signal. When the bottle is empty, no more toner enters the hopper. Eventually the hopper will see the reduced toner and give notice to replace soon. Eventually the hopper itself will fully empty and a second sensor will halt the machine and force you to replace the bottle. If you tossed the old toner bottle, not to worry, the indicator will persist until that bottle is empty and the hopper unit is fully empty. You will just get that annoying message until the event happens.

This series machine also has a switch to turn off that first indicator. We do it automatically now at all our calls on this series machine because of the confusion it causes. Consult your local tech rep to do the switch.

Custom Search