PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub 600 multiple feeds from tray

Custom Search

fixthecopier
01-03-2011, 10:46 PM
This machine only has 240,000 on it and 2 days ago it started jamming because it is feeding more than 1 page at a time. It was only from tray 2 feed assembly and the rollers had been changed in the past. I changed them again and moved the assembly to another tray and it still jams. I have never had this happen on a large Konica.Last jam had 4 sheets in it. I can find nothing wrong with the assembly.

ebm
01-04-2011, 02:22 AM
How about the torque limiter for the lower DFP roller? I have had to replace the entire PF unit because I could not figure what was causing the jams even after replacing rollers,clutches,torque limiters,etc. Sometimes it is better to bite the bullet and replace the unit. The labor and parts to try and repair when you are only guessing, after eliminating the common causes, can add up after awhile.

KEVIN900
01-04-2011, 02:33 AM
Well, swapping the entire feed port eliminated the feed unit. I'd check out the right side turn-over unit, and second paper feed unit. The turn-over unit has a chunky one-way bearing and transport roller that could use a service at 250K. The 2nd paper feed unit has a clutch and rubber rollers to clean, bushings to lube, and inspect the sensor actuator for burrs. And I can't even say how often I've thoroughly serviced units, only to find out too late to just try new paper.

fixthecopier
01-04-2011, 11:27 AM
new paper? no way. I have had a paper related jam on a 470, but you could see the curl. Besides, if it were the paper, the problem would not move with the assembly. I noticed a spring tension adjustment, I guess I will see how that works. I may hit the warehouse for a parted one.

pepper38_cnd
01-04-2011, 11:42 AM
Well since the problem moved with the feed assembly, you know the issue is with the assembly. Without knowing what the jam code is? I would try swapping clutches around and see if the problem changes. I would also clean and lube the little torque limiter that is on the feed shaft. If still no joy I would change the feed sensor. Since the feed sections are the same you should be able to narrow it down to the compent just by doing some swapping.

KEVIN900
01-04-2011, 12:42 PM
Oops, my bad. I thought you meant the problem persisted in the same drawer after swapping feed ports. Sorry if I sent you on a wild goose chase.

fixthecopier
01-04-2011, 10:32 PM
No problem Kevin. I took the path of least resistance and took one from our machine and go the customer up. When I hit on the magic combo, I will finish this thread.

Custom Search