PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Bizhub 501 CF card issues

Custom Search

emujo
01-05-2011, 03:56 PM
Had a 501 we tried to set up on VCare. It failed the send test and locked up in service mode. Powered down and re-started and found we couldn't get into service mode. "Please wait, the selected mode is starting up" message. Assumed a corrupt CF card so I followed the instructions for re-loading base firmware on the card. Each time I get a message saying the CF card is full so I can't put the entire folder files on the card. Went to a known workinf 501 and using a hex editor utility, I completely wiped the initial card (all zeros), copied the files from a working 501 and pasted them to the 1st card. Popped the card in the MFP and now I get a "license managment error" and I can't get into admin mode. Attempted to reset the password in service mode, but after inputing the password the 1st time the MFP locks up and I can't enter the password the 2nd time. Any one run into this and have some help? Emujo

Shadow99
01-06-2011, 01:31 AM
A license mgt error is caused by an i-option setting. Did the machine you copied the CF card have any i-options installed, if so the svc manual gives you basic instructions on how to recover from that error. Basically you need to log into the License Mgt server and get a deactivation code and enter it into the machine. This might deactivate the i-option on the other machine so you might have to set up i-option on that one again. Your issue is very familiar to me, usually ordering a new CF card will come with software already on it.

tervel12
01-10-2011, 07:51 PM
Had the same problem on a 420 and a 361. Spent many hours playing with the CF cards (using the recovery firmware, etc.). Ended up replacing the CF card and the OACB together to fix both machines.

emujo
01-18-2011, 03:36 AM
Update...as in most cases lke this, it was operator error. I had inadvertantly copied the zip file onto the CF card along with the needed recovery files. Once I discovered my mistake, I was able to get things going. I had to step up to the latest version as skipping version 13 seems to cause the license issue. Thanks for the inputs. Emujo

tsb13
08-23-2012, 06:22 PM
Is there a way to clone a CF card to use in another 501 or do you need to update firmware in order of version release?
Having customers complain about having to touch password on the screen before they can enter password to use machine.
op panal firmware below v.21 makes you touch password on screen first.
Thanks in advance,
tsb13

ni311
08-28-2012, 06:27 PM
Read the thread below, I had similar issues:
http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/48631-bizhub-501-cf-card.html
Also, try a search on the forum, I'm sure you'll find several threads like this one.

Custom Search