PDA

View Full Version : Konica 7022 (IP422) printing problems

Custom Search

Kmdurrin
01-05-2011, 07:52 PM
Happy new year, everyone. Mine started off with a bang! I have this pesky 7022 that does not want to print. Everything on the machine works perfectly for about the first 10 prints after I install the driver, but then it seems like the machine just starts forgetting to print. I can ping the machine just fine and I get no errors when I send a print job to it, but the machine just drops the job and does nothing. If I re-install the dirver I can get another 5-10 prints out of it, but then the same thing happens. I've tried flashing the firmware, and all of my network settings have been checked and re-checked, but it just keeps happening. Anyone see anything like this before? Im stumped.

PS - The computer that is printing to the machine is running windows 2k, if that makes a difference.

aesthetics1
01-05-2011, 10:59 PM
Hello, Happy New Year to you too.

Have you tried using any other drivers? I would recommend using the (built-in) HP Laserjet 4 PCL Driver to print to it. See if you have the same issues with that driver. If so, you can eliminate the driver. It's all about isolating your problem. Post back and let us know!

mrwho
01-05-2011, 11:39 PM
If the print controller has an HD (for scanning it is required, if I remember correctly), try to remove it and check if the print controller keeps hanging without it.
Odds are you either need a new HD or a firmware flash.

Kmdurrin
01-10-2011, 03:49 PM
If the print controller has an HD (for scanning it is required, if I remember correctly), try to remove it and check if the print controller keeps hanging without it.
Odds are you either need a new HD or a firmware flash.

It was the HDD. Its weird - the drive was successfully formatted (according to the control panel) while in the machine, but it failed when I took it out and formatted through my PC. Oh well... got a new one from eBay and now the machine works perfectly. Thanks for the help guys.

Custom Search