PDA

View Full Version : C6500 and Creo IC-304

Custom Search

lordzion20
01-05-2011, 10:25 PM
I just purchased a PB-501 and my C6500 recognizes it but my Creo IC-304 doesn't. I am wondering is there a way to upgrade the firmware and how would I go about getting that. I purchased my Konica outright so I dont have a service plan with KM.

Thanks in advance.

Matt

redhotrob
01-06-2011, 01:02 AM
If it isn't, your Creo should be running version 2 for PB support.

lordzion20
01-07-2011, 02:37 PM
its not its running version 1 but what sucks is since I purchased my machine out right konica wants to charge me nearly 1500 dollars to get a firmware update not including labor. I can run my own update. Just dont know where to download it from. Any ideas?

Stirton.M
01-07-2011, 05:41 PM
Not sure why they would charge you for the update. My office never charges for such updates on the system code of either Fiery or Creo, especially when it is in our best interests to please the customer, and conversely reduce service calls on related equipment. I would suggest you talk to the service manager and plead your case. Not sure why they would sell you a machine and then shaft you for the update. Aside from a little time involved in the update, there is no internal costs to KM to obtain the updated media...a download from our support site.

Unfortunately for you however, the image files are DVD sized, and not easily obtainable for end users. Access to such files are for techs only on our support site. You "might" find a copy on bit torrent network someplace, though I have my doubts, never looked, so I am not certain of this.

As for firmware updates to the main body, version 60 is the current level, and this should NOT be a chargeable call for that specific update. Again, like the system code update above, in our best interest to do this, and it only takes a few minutes to perform the flash update. Again, this is tech only access, and truth be told, THIS should only be done by a qualified tech, if you attempted it, you may brick the machine and quite honestly is not in your best interests.

Stirton.M
01-07-2011, 05:50 PM
Oh, had a thought, did you get a service agreement with the machine when you purchased it? That could explain why they are charging you extra. If you do not have one, I highly suggest you get a service agreement contract going, it is in your best interest to do so as maintenance charges are quite high.

lordzion20
01-07-2011, 05:52 PM
Stirton.M,

I pleaded with the service manager and also KM HQ they all said the same thing its for techs only and since I purchased my machine outright I dont have a contract and it will be a 1 time charge of 350 dollars plus the time it takes coming to a grand total of 1500 dollars.

I have plenty of bandwidth if you happen to have a link you could share. No I do not have a service agreement because I serviced these machines for years and can service them from the ground up. Even tried to use my old tech id and they wont allow me to download it.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks.

Stirton.M
01-08-2011, 12:25 AM
Sorry, I cannot provide this for you, I am held to disclosure rules which I am unwilling to compromise.

As for the time it takes to install the system code, $1150 sounds extremely outrageous for the time it takes to install system code onto a Creo controller...at most, this should take about an hour, maybe 1.5 hours at most. If you have installed windows XP before, it is comparable, though there is none of that prompting for info during the install. When it is up and running, a couple settings for the network end and that is it. As I recall, the Creo should have been bundled with the installation CDs, I would assume you have those original disks. Even though they are likely system 1, which will not help the issue, they are there for your benefit. Perhaps the KM office will sell you a copy, even if they are on burned disk, or if you have a large thumb drive of about 8Gb, transfer the image to that for a nominal fee. Aside from that, about the only other choice is to contact Creo themselves, though I am not sure they can help you out...

CREO Color Servers - Konica Minolta (http://www.creo.com/data/Products/Digital%20Color%20Servers/konica/default.aspx)

colorguy
01-28-2011, 09:06 PM
I have a friend who just rebuilt a Creo IC-304 with the software version 2.1.
If you send me your contact info I can hook you up with him.

Custom Search