PDA

View Full Version : CQ scanning smb

Custom Search

luis8832
01-06-2011, 10:21 PM
set up scan to smb. the scans look light. also tried creating a hdd box. retrieved scan same result. looked up on website and changed some settings. no success. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.:cool:

aesthetics1
01-06-2011, 11:47 PM
Machine model would be helpful. Can't help you much without it!

Stirton.M
01-07-2011, 05:31 AM
check to see if you are in text/photo mode when scanning the original. Change it to text to get dark crisp text. The mixed text/photo mode averages to the background and can sometimes wash out the image.

luis8832
01-07-2011, 01:08 PM
the machine is a c6500.

rindraintsoa
01-07-2011, 01:29 PM
Check if the glass is not dirty, also check the original type normally the machine let you choose between Photo, text/photo etc. but also you can modify the density for original lighter or darker as long as I remember, if you tell tha machine the image is dark it will make light copy, so in this case just make the opposite
Hope it will be helpfull for you

ni311
01-07-2011, 02:06 PM
Also, it's a good idea to check the mirrors under the original glass, it is usually getting really dirty.

joelsa12
01-07-2011, 03:15 PM
run a copy through the doc feeder and see if it is light. if so then you have an optic issue, if not you have a setting issue just my guess :)

luis8832
01-07-2011, 03:35 PM
we ran the same original thru the doc feeder and on the glass. The copies come out great and the prints come out great. its just the scans. the magenta is not is almost orange and the cyan is also light. I am hooking up a color scanner, as soon as i hook it up i will attach samples to my next thread.

luis8832
01-07-2011, 04:06 PM
here are the samples i got the good one is how it copies and prints. the bad sample is the scanned one. if you notice the magenta and the cyan looked washed.

Stirton.M
01-07-2011, 05:48 PM
there is a means to calibrate the scanner unit, consult the user manuals on specifics of how to perform this operation. This specific calibration is meant to be performed prior to doing a fiery calibration using the "ColorCal" calibration colour strip by Kodak, it ensures proper colour level adjustment to the fiery specifically, but also helps for copy/scans. This option is in the event that the user does not have an ES1000 hand calibrator which is typically the best way to calibrate the fiery, it is by far many levels more accurate than the ColorCal method.

That said, the C6500 was not really meant to be a scanner/copier, it was primarily meant to be a printer, the scanner unit tossed in as an afterthought for some convenience.

luis8832
01-07-2011, 06:35 PM
I had the unit calibrated and it was calibrated with an ES 1000, which is the best way to do it. Know that said do you still have to calibrate the scanner separately or does the ES1000 calibration work for all? :cool:

ni311
01-07-2011, 07:41 PM
I don't want to start arguing with you but I don't believe calibrating the scanner has something to do with copying process. From my point of view, calibrating the scanner before calibrating the Fiery is needed just to remove as much reading errors as you possible can prior to calibrate the controller. Second, with the Fiery turned off, you can make copies, but you just cannot scan / print.

Stirton.M
01-08-2011, 12:43 AM
The first attached file is one for adjusting the density in tech rep. Note the comment right at the first page regarding the purpose of this adjustment. Edit to this, the first page is NOT applicable to the adjustment, go to the next page, 9.3.25 for what you need.

Do THAT portion first.

The second attachment is the user adjustments to tweak overall densities once the previous adjustment has been performed.

luis8832
01-08-2011, 02:05 AM
i will try out those adjustments and see what results i get. I will post.

Custom Search