PDA

View Full Version : Jamming Bizhub C451 jams from both hi cap lower paper trays, makes noise as it trys to pick

Custom Search

Printer People
01-07-2011, 11:55 AM
This one is driving me crazy and I've no idea what's causing the problem.

Noise like gears no meshing when it try to pick up from the lower paper trays - no pick up and jam.

C451
300k colour
540k mono
Anyone had anything similar

ineo+6501
01-07-2011, 12:26 PM
Had a C550 which would sound like it was attempting to feed from trays 3 & 4 and then trigger a jam without a sheet being jammed. Turned out to be the spring had popped off the sensor arm in the feed assy of both trays.

Printer People
01-07-2011, 12:30 PM
will check it out - why the loud grating noise though?

CraigW
01-07-2011, 01:04 PM
Check the LCC drive motor (lower left looking from the back) We had one that the driving shaft of the motor was worn down where it contacts the gear, we were lucky and got by with just the motor for now and somehow no gear damage. The big difference is the counts this one was at 1.3M.

RRodgers
01-07-2011, 02:37 PM
This one is driving me crazy and I've no idea what's causing the problem.

Noise like gears no meshing when it try to pick up from the lower paper trays - no pick up and jam.

C451
300k colour
540k mono
Anyone had anything similar

Bend the arms that hold the pick up roller so the roller drops down a little more. I have a picture of me doing this on here somewhere. I guess I need to find that picture and load it up to my gallery.

YouthAttack
01-09-2011, 05:38 PM
same thing from printer people. had a c451 with jamming from both lct trays turned out to be a stripped motor in the back of the lct.

Stirton.M
01-11-2011, 01:40 AM
There is also a known problem with the LCT drive motors and PFTDB failure, replaced as a set.

krazeekidz3
01-17-2011, 04:22 PM
Not sure if you've solved your problem, by now, but I had the rear latch break, on the lower right door, of a C550. Apparently, before it actually broke, it was bent some and didn't close completely. Not enough to be noticeable, at first. The symptoms for that issue sound similar. It had jamming (out of all trays, except tray 1), skewing (just very slight skewing) and some grinding. These symptoms were happening VERY inconsistently, though. Even when the latch finally broke off completely, it was fine, MOST of the time. The customer continued to use it while the part was ordered. Just FYI!! Hope you've solved your problem!

Printer People
01-20-2011, 10:08 AM
Is this the door under the transfer/duplex unit door?

Would you have the part number for the part?

krazeekidz3
02-18-2011, 08:11 PM
I'm so sorry! Somehow I must have missed this in my email!!! If you don't already have the part number for the LOCK CLAW on the BHC451, it is A00J573800. It's the rear claw/latch on the lower door, under the transfer/transport/duplex assembly door. I hope you found it. Sorry!!

Printer People
02-21-2011, 11:36 AM
This machine is still causing me problems - fitted the lower door latches but still jams intermittently with code 2001 from all draws bar draw 1.

Any help would be appreciated.

Custom Search