PDA

View Full Version : BizHub C253 error "InternalOverflow". What does it mean?

Custom Search

ned4spd8874
01-07-2011, 11:31 PM
I'm glad I found this forum and hope that I can find some support. In my workplace, we just get this weird error when we try to print a certain document. Everything else prints fine, just this one causes and error. Instead of the page printing out, we get this on the paper that comes out of the copier instead:

PCL XL error
Error: InternalOverflow
Operator: BeginImage
Position: 108

Does anyone know what this means? I've tried updating the driver to the most recent one and it still will not print. Thanks in advance for any help!

Stirton.M
01-08-2011, 01:00 AM
There is some kind of formatting in the document that is incorrect and it is causing the error.

It really depends on what you are printing. If you are printing a PDF, select "print as image" from the "advanced" button on the first print dialog that pops up. This will flatten the image and send it as a rasterized image, instead of raw data.

Alternatively, install the PS driver and try printing the document from that. In general, both drivers should be installed for eventualities like this specific issue and an assortment of other problems like colour blends, font issues, graphic anomalies. Print as image for PDFs is also available in the PS driver.

A third option is to print the document to a virtual PDF printer like the one typically installed by Acrobat Pro, or any third party PDF virtual printer and then print that document to the printer.

ned4spd8874
01-08-2011, 01:04 AM
Okay, I'll try the PS driver. It's a Excel file, but it does have an image in it. But the file itself is only 90k, so it can't be that big.

Stirton.M
01-08-2011, 01:10 AM
Its not really a file size issue, there is some kind of data error, either in the file itself, or something to do with that image, like perhaps the image itself is a postscript generated image format.

ned4spd8874
01-08-2011, 04:22 AM
Using the PS driver worked. Thanks!

Custom Search