PDA

View Full Version : Dead Machine C552 blows building circuit breaker

Custom Search

mascan42
01-10-2011, 02:54 PM
I have a customer whose C552 is blowing the circuit breaker immediately on power-up. The sub-power switch doesn't need to be turned on, just hit the main power & the breaker trips half a second later. If the front or side doors are open, the breaker doesn't trip until they're closed. I've tried replacing the IH power unit, the IH coil, and the DC power supply. One of my fellow techs thinks it may be the HV unit, but I wouldn't think that would come on immediately before even the MFP board. Any ideas?

Kmdurrin
01-10-2011, 04:26 PM
I have a customer whose C552 is blowing the circuit breaker immediately on power-up. The sub-power switch doesn't need to be turned on, just hit the main power & the breaker trips half a second later. If the front or side doors are open, the breaker doesn't trip until they're closed. I've tried replacing the IH power unit, the IH coil, and the DC power supply. One of my fellow techs thinks it may be the HV unit, but I wouldn't think that would come on immediately before even the MFP board. Any ideas?

Maybe check the fuser to make sure nothing is shorte. I think that's the only 120v circuit that comes on immediately on power up.

pepper38_cnd
01-10-2011, 06:17 PM
I had one did the exact same thing I had to replace the fuser coil and driver board for the coil, located front right of machine.

Stirton.M
01-11-2011, 01:49 AM
Along with the above, what is the amperage of that circuit breaker? It should be 20A. Also, is there anything else sharing that circuit breaker? If so, take those and plug them someplace else. This machine is a power hog.

Custom Search