PDA

View Full Version : Konica Minolta 200-350 Series

Custom Search

CraigW
01-11-2011, 08:09 PM
I have noticed on our machines in this series even though the PM cycle is set properly, that the PM message never comes on. And the customers only call when the "PC Drum" message appears.
Is the tiny oil can the only indication for a PM ?? Anyone seen this ??

Also, on several occasions when doing the PMs...I always, always go back in after resetting the counts to check, and the PC Life counter remains the same (IC life has reset) but the developer (unit) count also has not incremented by 1. I only reset PC life again when this occurs then when checking the top 2 are at 0 and the developer (unit) has incremented as it should. Correctly following the procedure from the manual.

I have searched the KB but found nothing on these.

Has anyone seen the new procedure for emptying the old developer from the developing units ?? " Change of Developer Replacement Method" They want you to tilt the unit and allow the spent developer to pour out through the recycle toner supply mouth.:confused::confused:

Hansoon
01-12-2011, 07:19 AM
Change of Developer Replacement Method" They want you to tilt the unit and allow the spent developer to pour out through the recycle toner supply mouth.:confused::confused:This is the most idiotic advise I have heard from a manufacturer in the past ten years or so.
The idea behind it is to avoid developer spilling over the drum spacer collars to avoid early wear. However the real reason of the DS-Collars / Drum Damage issue can be find here:

http://www.copytechnet.com/forums/konica-minolta/9888-bizhub-250-350-eating-drums.html

Hans

Custom Search