PDA

View Full Version : c-550 color registration problem

Custom Search

acsolutions
01-12-2011, 01:01 AM
Hello,

My C-550 when running heavy paper the middle section (about 3"of) I can see the magenta peer through, looks blurry. When I am running plain paper it looks good but not perfect. I set it up for thick 3 and 4, even tried plain paper setting, still the same. I cleaned the reg. sensor, reg roller and dumped the paper dust catch with same results. I ran the lattis pattern in the service mode with three and four color overlay and I can see the magenta stand out but looks ok with plain paper. I did noticed one thing! when I removed the dust collection plate, there is a inlet mylar with rip not sure if this is an issue. no jamming or skewingl. Thanks

lucky13
01-12-2011, 06:11 AM
try adjusting fuser speed + / - max see if it changes also try loop adjust for thick stock

Stirton.M
01-12-2011, 08:25 AM
Refer to your service manual under the sections Color Registration Adjustment and Color Alignment Adjustment. It can also not hurt to check Skew adjustment if the lattice pattern shows misalignment. A loop (magnifying glass) greatly helps in seeing this, especially with yellow. Alternatively, use the negative lattice so you get white lines and black boxes in 4 color. Skew is pretty obvious using this setting, along with the registration and alignment.

Custom Search