PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub C352P still asks for fusing unit when a new one is installed

Custom Search

GusG
01-12-2011, 07:31 AM
Hi,

Last year I sold my Bizhub C352P with an expired fusing unit. The buyer bought a fusing unit from the US (we are in East Africa and the C352P came from Europe) and when he installed the new fusing unit the machine still asks for a new fusing unit.

Can it be that a US fusing unit is not compatible with a European spec machine or could there be some other way of sorting this?

Thanks in advance

Stirton.M
01-12-2011, 08:28 AM
Different fuser altogether. Voltage 220 Europe vs 120 US, along with the sensors.

mrwho
01-12-2011, 08:57 AM
With some luck, you'll just need to get a new (correct) fusing unit. With a little less luck, your customer has just ruined some boards or something.

Now that I think of it, I have no idea of what happens when you put a different voltage unit on a machine, since I never tried it. What can happen?

Stirton.M
01-13-2011, 02:06 AM
Nothing happens, aside from the message. One of our techs here ordered a wrong fuser a while back and encountered the same issue. What was surprising is that the guys in the supply line did not pick up on the error for out of market area part.

GusG
01-13-2011, 05:22 AM
Thanks guys, I had a look at the fuser unit itself but there seemed to be no indication of the voltage or part number and the guy has thrown out the original box. However, I'm pretty sure this is the problems since he bought the fusing unit in the US and probably didn't know to ask for a 220V unit.
Question then is if he can rebuild his old 220V unit using the fuse in the 110V one and the rollers?

Stirton.M
01-13-2011, 05:37 AM
I suppose he could rebuild one from both. The lamp, thermal fuse and thermistors (not certain about the thermistors) would have to be taken from the old fuser and put in the new fuser. As for the reset fuse itself, I am not sure what the rating would be for that. I know on the 120V units, a pico fuse of 1/16th amp is needed. I would think that the fuse in a 240V unit would be similar, since that circuit is dependent on the DC voltages provided by the PSU. The other hardware changes are a must however...240v would most likely burn out the lamp prematurely, and I think the thermal fuse is also voltage critical, either case would pop a C code failure, assuming you got that far.

Custom Search