PDA

View Full Version : biz hub 420 fax

Custom Search

copierlady
01-12-2011, 11:34 PM
Hey guys. Happy new year.
Working on a biz hub 420. Fax was working, but now it only recieves and when you try to send it gives a message "job has been done improperly. Please check job"
anybody know what is going on here?

acusso1234
01-13-2011, 12:59 AM
Maibe they use a voip line?
Konica does not certify this kind of lines. Is the problem continuos or intermittent?
Are you sure that that they are paying for the line?

emujo
01-13-2011, 01:14 AM
Another way to isolate the problem to the MFP or the customers line is to put the fax in "Off Hook", what does the dial tone sound like? Dial your own cell and see if it rings, (keep in off hook mode). Next try to manual send to the #. Off hook, dial the number, listen for the fax handshake tone then press start. Some times you will find a change in the phone system now requires a 9 or 8 before dialing. Since you are receiving, I would assume the fax is working. Emujo

copierlady
01-13-2011, 02:44 PM
Yes the fax line itself seems to be working. I did try to dial my cell phone as well as send a fax to the shop. But, it never goes past the scanning of the doc. As soon as it scans i get the error message. Going back today i will try the off hook thing and see if it sheds any light. I am going with another fax unit in hand to see if exchange will help until i can isolate the problem.
Thanks

CraigW
01-13-2011, 03:05 PM
Is the fax target set for US (default is JP)

ineo+6501
01-13-2011, 03:52 PM
What does the "Job List" history say is the error?

copierlady
01-17-2011, 03:56 PM
No history available. Its as if a job was never even scanned. Switched out the fax units no change, and thier fax unit works fine in another machine. Also found out their computer guy has been working on the network. Anything i can look for there? Thanks

ineo+6501
01-17-2011, 04:17 PM
If it plugs into a PABX adapter you could check if it is the correct type.

There is a "Primary Mastered" type which I think is for direct lines, and a "Secondary Tailed" type which I think is for extensions. Could be the other way around (been a while since I have worked on this type of system).

Also, here in the UK we have "broadband filters" which telecomms equipment plug into when a used line is also a broadband internet line.
Had these filters go faulty regular. Not sure if the US has such filters.

pepper38_cnd
01-18-2011, 12:52 PM
Change the default transmission mode back to fax, it is probably on ifax.

copierlady
01-18-2011, 02:28 PM
Where do I find that?

copierlady
02-23-2011, 12:59 PM
Ok guys thanks for all your help. The computer guy fixed it. Something about the network settings i think. Of course he is not sharing, .. job security, or the undoing of something he caused in the first place i guess.?? Thanks for all the brain power and .....................................the sharing.

mo0651
02-23-2011, 10:45 PM
stay with the stuff on machine. check for board installed, reformat hdd if it has one, marketing area. Does sound like "job done Improperly" is a scan error like pepper said.

Custom Search