PDA

View Full Version : Mixplex

Custom Search

Voltage
01-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Can someone please explain mixplex printing on a Minolta to me. I am a Ricoh tech and am trying to find out if the Ricohs can do it.

dallas
01-14-2011, 04:43 PM
The Mixplex function allows combining single and double sided pages within one document.

(The Mixmedia function specify individual paper types from various trays.)

Voltage
01-17-2011, 06:46 AM
The Mixplex function allows combining single and double sided pages within one document.

(The Mixmedia function specify individual paper types from various trays.)

Thx for the reply.

Can you maybe explain in more detail and even better give me a example how one would use this function?

Thx

mrwho
01-17-2011, 08:37 AM
For example, when using the "Separate Scan" function to scan several separated originals, it would allow you to select between various duplexing functions between one original and the next. For example:

- Enable Separate Scan
- Choose "1-1" and scan the first batch of originals in Simplex
- Choose "2-2 and scan the second batch of originals in Duplex
- Finally press # to finish reading

The machine would then output n copies of both originals while respecting the simplex/duplex you've chosen earlier.

The advantage of this is that the customer shouldn't have to pay for blank copies (if he had read everything in 2-2 mode, he'd be copying the blank back pages of the first set) and the greater speed (since the first set wouldn't be duplexed, printing only half of the pages).

Hope this was clear. I never tried this on a Ricoh, but now I'm curious, and will do it as soon as I get the chance.

Custom Search