PDA

View Full Version : Error Code Bizhub600 C3803 and then J3909 after clearing

Custom Search

copydude
01-13-2011, 05:07 PM
Okay first the stupid...

I own 2 bizhub 600's and I own a Konica 7165 (given to me) and like most the economy has dragged my income levels severely.

Anyway both 600 have bad or weak fusing rollers (upper Teflon)
one is just worn from use
the other a jam trashed the Teflon coating..

So I noticed that the fusing unit in the 7165 was the same as those in the 600 and the part numbers are the same for the rollers.

SO I took the fuser out of the 7165 and mike an idiot .. since the LOOKED the same and I was being lazy I put the fuser into 1 of the 600's only to realize that there are 2 plugs on the 7165's unit that are not present on the 600 even though the frames are the same (the 600 even has empty slots that would hold the plugs)

so I coded with a jam..

I replaced the original fuser and still coded a jam, so I turned off the main,, then I coded the c3803.

So I powered down, held the utility button, reset the trouble code, powered down again, and still coded, so repeated got into service mode, changed the dipsw to 3 1 off(0) and try again.. it goes back to the jam mode...

SO..... I trade my drum assembly, and fuser to the other 600 (the 7165 part has not been on this) and lo an behold I get the same codes ( I did the druim assembly because of toner developer issues that have not been resolved).

SO I put in this machines original fuser unit.. (there is nothing wrong with it other than a jam tore up the teflon) and I still code out, even after gong through the reset procedures again.
So both machines are coding the same yet I only made the mistake with one..

What can be a solution to this?

bizhub1
01-13-2011, 06:11 PM
Leave the machines alone, quit changing parts around from different model machines!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

acusso1234
01-13-2011, 06:12 PM
I can't find Jam J3909 on the manual. My personal shot is that probably you have to control both the connection of the thermistor and ps 30 (or other ps related to the Jam displayed).

copydude
01-14-2011, 03:12 AM
okay Bizz I got the message.. :) smart alek..

copydude
01-14-2011, 03:31 PM
of course one assumes that the individual working on the machine would plug in all connections.. ie the pigtail at the front of the fusing unit that controls the jam sensors.. not only did I fail to do this once .. but TWICE! I caught it this morning after getting a touch of rest...

Both machines are code clear.. tragedy and much expense avoided.

Custom Search