PDA

View Full Version : Ikon CPP 650 (BH C6500) not seeing fiery

Custom Search

Desert Rat
01-13-2011, 07:06 PM
I usually don't do this end of the work, but every once in while I get sucked into
this. Here's what happening.

A customer from out of town bought this unit here in Phoenix. When he got back
to Colorado, the machine worked fine, except the firey would work. He got firmware
from an Ikon dealer 80 miles away and the fiery seems to be fine now.
But the machine does not see the fiery or give him access to the printer screen.
I have the manuals for the CPP650 and believe it is dip switch that needs to
turned on.
Does that sound right? I'm alittle new to the service software in the 650.

Thanks

DR

Stirton.M
01-14-2011, 08:45 AM
Switch 2-1 is the only one I could find for the IC-408 controller, but I do not know if that will cover the other controllers or not, no mention in SSD.

Can the user access the remote desktop application on the controller via network? If the system code had been rewritten to it, this setting is disabled. Command workstation will allow you direct access to the device to configure the fiery settings to allow a connection via remote desktop. Both CWS and RD should be accessible regardless of the connection to the main body. The point here being to make sure that the fiery itself is operational. Further to this, the fiery may need patches, which can only be done effectively through a RD session, as well as internet access for the fiery to download the new patches, which may be all it needs.

Of course, the biggest concern is, is this Fiery matched to the printer? That is, was it sold WITH the printer, and not added on from a third source? Point being, is that it very well may be a fiery, but not the right one for that OEM. It could be a KM controller, which if memory serves, has proprietary differences to the Ikon where the connection is concerned.

I would also check the interface cable and VIF card it plugs into on the engine.

Normally, this should work without issue and to my knowledge, the only way to print to the engine.

Custom Search