PDA

View Full Version : c552 noise

Custom Search

mike e
01-16-2011, 05:15 PM
Hi
Fitted a fuser unit because noise coming from that area but noise has come back.
Need to go and have another look at it any other area's around fuser may make a noise ?

Cheers
Mike e

bizhub1
01-16-2011, 07:22 PM
Check the knowledgebase, their is many pages dealing with this issue, also km has a update to the fuser ass'y changing the rotational gear and adding a drive belt.

minimerlin
01-16-2011, 07:27 PM
I have also had noise caused by the two drive gears on the RH door. The lower one rubs against a plastic bushing and can squeeck badly but at a different frequency to that from the fuser rotation area! I fit a washer between the gear and bushing and lub.

stryker3k
01-17-2011, 01:13 AM
Until KM Japan modifies the fuser drive system in that series of machines, KM is issuing thier techs with HP-500 grease to apply to the fuser drive gears/shafts in the fuser and in the machine. The grease i beleive is not cheap (around $160 per 100g I think) but it does work.

mo0651
01-17-2011, 02:23 PM
Lots of different squeaks with this model. Squeak when idle, Its the fuser drive. If it squeaks when running. Probably fuser. BUT have had white rollers on exit guide squeak. A little close exam and you will get it.

mike e
01-19-2011, 08:50 PM
been back removed drive mechanism from right side of fuser (switch back drive) and oiled the bushing and shafts noise has gone now. I will need to get some high temp grease for next time maybe.
Thanks for your help.
Mike

Custom Search