PDA

View Full Version : Brother mfc 8820D error message

Custom Search

w.a.s.p.er
06-14-2007, 12:04 PM
Hi everybody.
I have a problem with this brother.On the display he tell me"CHECK SCAN LOCK".The lock button is in the "unlock" position.
I change the senzor from scanner but still nothing.
When I start the mfc the scanner don't move from her position but when I push the stop buton and i touch the belt, the scanner is moving and when is come back he stop not in here pozition(everywhere) and apares the error message.
If somebody have the service manual please help me and send to me.I have a lot of sm.

GHAZALS
12-26-2007, 11:54 AM
Hi everybody.
I have a problem with this brother.On the display "TONER LIFE END".I have replaced a new Toner Cartridge, still the above indication is on & the machine doesn't work. Plz help to reset, if possible, this problem
Regards
Kumar

gpoffmachs
04-15-2008, 04:11 PM
verify all cartridge contacts and check the left side of the machine. there is a sensor that shines a light into the cartridge. if this gets dirty you cannot reset the toner ctg.
you can try this reset procedure.. works on some machines
open front cover
hold the go button while powering on
release button when all leds light
press go twice all lights should go solid
press go 5 times
close cover

jtymabel
08-07-2008, 01:15 AM
i think that toner cartridge has an actual mechanical counter. check out the service note
If, after installing a genuine new TN350 toner cartridge into the FAX/MFC, the display still shows "Toner Life End", then the sensor has not been reset. This sensor is reset by an actuator on the left side of the toner cartridge, which hits a lever inside the unit. Make sure that the actuator has moved to the position shown in the photos. If the actuator has moved to the proper position and the unit has not reset then go to the reset procedure on page3. If it has not moved then reinstall the toner cartridge into the drum and place it back into the unit to test. It should reset by itself.

jtymabel
08-07-2008, 01:18 AM
that should be the correct position on the actuator

Custom Search