PDA

View Full Version : bizhub 160 error tc?

Custom Search

brent
01-19-2011, 11:02 PM
I searched the service manual. the customer states the error light is on. and it is saying wrong tc or something to that effect. I think I replaced the drum and toner a year ago or something. can anyone tell me as to why I could n't find it in the book. and more important. what it means. they said it was out of toner or close. thanks

brent

Darren King
01-19-2011, 11:29 PM
I have seen this a few times. It can be as easy as dirty contacts on the toner cartridge, or it could be that you have to go into service mode and set the toner type under "Display" in service mode.
Hope this helps.
Darren

rocky246
01-20-2011, 12:39 AM
I don't think you can change the type in service mode. IF I remember right, you turn machine off, hold the reset (maybe panel reset) and the no button while you turn the machine on. Hold these until machine boots all the way up. Then go into service mode and go to display. The toner type should be 0. That's what it needs to be for U.S.

wellconnected
01-20-2011, 02:39 AM
Ive seen this before it is as darren suggested the toner cart sensor in the m/c, it is just three or four little sprung wires that concact the toner cart contacts they can be bent out of place and dont contact properly

brent
01-20-2011, 02:48 AM
this makes sence. my customers routinely take out the toner cartridge and shake it? what the hell. so they may have bent those little tabs.
gotta love customers....

brent

Hansoon
01-20-2011, 03:56 AM
We modify all our machines. Too often this problem came up and we had to send a tech to clean or readjust the flimsy contacts. Just solder a 1k resistor at the reverse side of the contacts. No need for the "TC Indication" in my eyes.

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/5526/connectorterminalmodifi.jpg (http://img210.imageshack.us/i/connectorterminalmodifi.jpg/)

Hans

earthOO7
03-21-2011, 09:54 AM
if resetting does not work, maybe the problem is contact, try this remedy: unscrew the chip at the bottom of t/c, put at-least 5 strip of paper then in-place the chip... that make the chip emboss in order to contact with connector wire in the machine...

Custom Search