PDA

View Full Version : C6501 with jagged edges on prints

Custom Search

mrwho
01-20-2011, 06:59 PM
I've got a C6501 machine with internal Fiery controller. When printing some jobs with diagonal or curved lines (including fonts), there are often quite noticeable jags on the lines.

I've tried with the printer driver's options without any success. I'm now starting to fiddle with the machine's options (operator and technical), but I'm open to suggestions.

Cheers!

Stirton.M
01-22-2011, 01:38 AM
Change the settings for line1, line2, dot1 and dot2 when printing the document. That might correct the issue.

Hemlock
01-24-2011, 06:33 PM
I have a user that creates this all the time by pulling images off the 'net and then scaling to fit the document. Shrinking or enlarging can't be done in Word and have it turn out ok; they'll need to run it through Illustrator or Photoshop. Or find a properly sized graphic to start with.

mrwho
01-24-2011, 09:45 PM
I have a user that creates this all the time by pulling images off the 'net and then scaling to fit the document. Shrinking or enlarging can't be done in Word and have it turn out ok; they'll need to run it through Illustrator or Photoshop. Or find a properly sized graphic to start with.

Sorry, I forgot to mention this appears to happen only on vector graphics - I've been trying with an example the customer had (of his own making) and I confirmed this.

I thought I pointed this out in my first post, but I didn't. My bad.

mrwho
03-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Change the settings for line1, line2, dot1 and dot2 when printing the document. That might correct the issue.

Back to this issue, I've tested with all four screens and, although the jaggies change direction, they don't disappear. I've confirmed that the original I'm working with is vectorial, eliminating the low-resolution problem.

I've turned dipsw 11-4 to on without any noticeable effect.

More tips are welcome, I'm still going to take a look at my options.

Cheers!

mrwho
03-03-2011, 06:41 PM
Solved. Turned on "Image Smoothing" and "Text/Graphics Smoothing" on the driver. The only downside is that the colours come out stronger than without these two options.

Cheers and thanks!

Custom Search