PDA

View Full Version : Setting Network Scanning Options

Custom Search

bschriver
01-21-2011, 09:30 PM
I am new to the KM BizHub Di5310...

I went through the network settings and configured all my tcp/ip settings. I also configured the ftp information for where the scans were suppose to go. I also had to configure some buttons which I thought would be the one touch scanning and delivery options.

But once you are back on the main console, how to do I actually select to send a scan to the ftp site?

On the console there are two buttons: one says just scan and the other says Scan +Extras. when I press the scan + extras it says I do not have this option installed?

The scan button brings up a one touch menu screen but the only options seem to be to email the scan? I actually just want to drop them to a folder on our ftp server (which is our file server).

Any direction I could get on this would be great.

kronical
01-22-2011, 12:51 AM
This model has 2 scan options available. Basic scanning and "IP" scanning. Basic scanning allows scan-to-email, while IP scanning allows SMB share scanning and FTP scanning. IP scanning is your "Extra Scan" button.

bschriver
01-24-2011, 01:52 PM
Thanks for that information. So when I press that button (Scan Extra+) on the console, I get a beep and the console displays the following text:

"This feature needs option unit."

I am assuming this is some type of hardware unit for the device? So at this point it sounds like I am going to need to scan and email the files. This is a crappy way of scanning as it is going to really bloat my email in boxes for users as I know they will not save these files on the network but rather keep them in their in box.

If you need a special piece of hardware to be able to do this, why does the Admin 2 section of the Utilities allow you to even configure the File Destination/FTP information? Seems I should have gotten the same message there too.

Can this option unit be purchased and installed to allow "IP" scanning?

Stirton.M
01-25-2011, 03:55 AM
Contact your nearest KM dealer/branch sales to arrange for the scan kit to be purchased and installed. If you are leasing the machine, you may run into some hurdles as some shops will not alter a leased unit.

bschriver
01-25-2011, 03:11 PM
Contact your nearest KM dealer/branch sales to arrange for the scan kit to be purchased and installed. If you are leasing the machine, you may run into some hurdles as some shops will not alter a leased unit.

We own the machine outright so there are no lease issues. Any ball park ideas how much a scan kit might cost of the top of your head? Can I not buy the scan kit and install it myself?

bschriver
01-25-2011, 04:12 PM
I was on the web config tool for the printer and it says the following:

Device Memory : 320MB Hard Disk : Not Installed Network : Ethernet 10BaseT/100BaseTX Duplex : Installed Input Tray : Tray 1 , 2 , 3 + Bypass Finisher : Finisher Document Handler : Duplexing Document Feeder Scanner : Installed FAX : Not Installed Printer : Installed ( PCL+PS ) Scan/iFAX Kit : Not Installed Scan Kit : Installed
So does this device have the kit it needs to do FTP already installed since it says there is already a Scan Kit installed?

Stirton.M
01-26-2011, 12:00 AM
Are you certain the machine is a Di 5310? If so, I cannot directly advise further as this machine is not sold in my market area. If it is a Di 5510, I may, or others may, be able to help you out further.

As for installing any kits, I suppose that is up to you, but keep in mind that any warranty that may accompany the kit will be void if you do it yourself. Most kits come with installation instructions.

Looking at what you have currently configured, I think the lack of a hard disk "might" be part of your problem.

kronical
01-30-2011, 05:12 AM
You may be able to do FTP with the basic scan kit, otherwise you will need the IP scan kit option installed.

Custom Search