PDA

View Full Version : Bizhub PRO C6500 "Warming Up" & hangs

Custom Search

ineo+6501
01-26-2011, 04:24 PM
Hi Guys

C6500 which outputs 1 page and then shows "Warming Up" for 30 mins+.
Surely if it were a fault with the fuser (thermistors/lamp etc) it would error code sooner than this?

I know the 750 shows hangs on warming up when the density sensors are dirty, could the same apply to the colour reg sensors or similar on the 6500? Not came accross it.

I have checked the TAD & TNI but came up with nothing.

Any ideas?

lucky13
01-26-2011, 10:21 PM
check the lamp bundle in the upper fuser roller 1 of the three lamps may be out meter all three terminels on the end of connector

Stirton.M
01-27-2011, 03:24 AM
Yep! Lamps would be my thoughts too.

Grantow
01-27-2011, 09:48 AM
ineo+6501.........after having this problem yesterday I found that if I open the front cover and pulled out the ADU unit and then pushed back in it would start printing again. But problem would persist once job had finished.

tech51
01-27-2011, 07:22 PM
I had one once that would go into warm up after every print. That turned out to be dirty colour reg sensors. Might be worth cleaning or replacing them...

Christian_W
01-28-2011, 09:10 PM
Sometimes the lever and the mechanic to lock the ADU Unit is damaged. Then to ADU is not set correct and the message "warming up" occurs.
Check that the ADU is set correct.

Grantow
02-16-2011, 06:44 PM
Just a quick update. This is still an on going problem.
All the bulbs in the machine have been checked, so we have ruled that out. The ADU unit has been checked to see if it set correctly. All the temperature sensors have been changed and the firmware update. Still problem persists.
If I turn the machine off and then back on, generally it would start printing again but when the job had completed it would go straight back to "warming up". Also entering the machine in to service mode then exiting also would generally solve the problem but once job had complete straight back to "warming up".

Any further advice would be much appreciated.

Stirton.M
02-28-2011, 12:56 PM
My bet is either the ACDB or PRCB has failed. See the following for greater detail....

Description
The IC-303 print job stops printing and theMFP control panel indicateswarming up. The data light is flashing on the MFP. The problem might occur more often when using the Post Inserter.
Solution
CAUSE: Patch update required.
SOLUTION: Install version 1.02 system code and install patch file 1-SXXG9 (attached 1.54MB file)on the IC-303.

Description
“Please wait...” message

Solution
“Please wait for a while” message and unable to power the machine OFF/ON from sub-power switch after failed firmware update. Service mode will be inaccessible. May also indicate "System down please main power off and on". Power save button is flashing on control panel.

CAUSE: Machine is in "Power On" mode due to flashing of Image files to the OACB failing.
SOLUTION: Firmware Image (I0-I5) files must be resent using the ISWutility.
Note : USB Flash will not be possible until firmware is written to the OACB. The current machine condition is the same as when replacing the OACB. Please wait for a while” messageand unable topower the machineOFF/ON from sub-power switch. Firmware update was not being performed prior to issue.

CAUSE: Failed OACB.
SOLUTION: Replace the OACB (p/n A03U H010 5A). For the OACB location, please see the attached file.
Note :The new OACB will not have firmware loadedwhich will require the board be flashed using the ISW utility. USB flash will not be possible until the firmware is installed on thereplacement OACB. "Please Wait" message with C-37C5 (or any C-37xx code).

CAUSE: Any C-37xx code indicates a problem with the fuser roller temperature.
SOLUTION: For the C-37C5 code, replace the upper fuser lamp (p/n A03U M31E 00). "Please Wait Warming Up" messagefrequently during copy/print runs.

CAUSE: Incorrect Software SW setting.
SOLUTION: Set fixing temperature soft switch to the standard setting. To set the fixing temperature soft switch perform the following:
1.Enter Service mode.
2.Select System Setting.
3.Select Software SW Setting.
4.Set Software SW 19-1 to1 (ON), 19-2 to 1 (ON) and 19-3 to0 (OFF for Standard fixing temperature settings.
5.Exit Service mode.

"Please Wait Now Adjusting" message.

CAUSE: Machine has a service code and the display of service codes has been disabled.
SOLUTION: Set Software SW 11-0to0. Cycle power OFF/ON and check for a service code.

"Please Wait..." message. Touch panel is unresponsive, Sub power indication light is flashing on control panel andService mode can not be accessed by powering on while holding utility.

CAUSE: The OACB was replaced with no firmwareloaded.
SOLUTION: Load firmware. PowerON themachine and wait until it reaches the "Please Wait" indication. Using a USB cable (USB memory stick cannot be used)and the ISWTRNS utility, send the "ImageAll" files. The transfer may be slow.

C-3912 (C3912) code at power up or "Machine warming up please wait" message.

Solution
PROBABLE CAUSES:
1.Failed ACDB.
Replace the ACDB (p/n A03U H520 02).
Note : Before replacing the ACDB ensure that temperature sensor/3 (TH3) is working. TH3 will read if one of the fuser lamps is open.
2. Failed fuser lamp(s).
Check continuity of the three upper fuser lamps L2, L3 and L4. Replace failed fuser lamp (p/n A03U M32E 00).
3. PWB-PRCB has failed.
Replace the PWB-PRCB (p/n A03U R759 00).

The machine indicates "Please Wait, Now Warming Up" when the trays are set for thick paper.

Solution
CAUSE: Pressure is not being applied evenly to the fusing rollers causing the temperature sensor to read the incorrect temperature.
SOLUTION: Inspect the fuser unit, specifically the torque limiter. Verify the torque limiter is functioning properly and that it has not come out of position.

ineo+6501
02-28-2011, 01:05 PM
I fixed this machine on Friday. It turned out to be the limiter on the pressure roller.
The machine was going through the motions to retract the fuser pressure but it was going too far and touching the upper roller instead of a 3-4mm gap.
This appears to have caused heat transfer from the upper to lower and the machine has been trying to cool the lower when the "Warming up" message was on screen.

Thanks for the suggestions guys.

Stirton.M
02-28-2011, 01:11 PM
Good to hear....as to the limiter, I am pretty sure I read that one in the TSB but am dumbfounded as to why I did not copy and paste it into my last response.

Here it is for anyone else experiencing this problem...

Description
The machine indicates "Please Wait, Now Warming Up" when the trays are set for thick paper.
Solution
CAUSE: Pressure is not being applied evenly to the fusing rollers causing the temperature sensor to read the incorrect temperature.
SOLUTION: Inspect the fuser unit, specifically the torque limiter. Verify the torque limiter is functioning properly and that it has not come out of position.
Reposition or replace the torque limiter (p/n 65AA 5365 1) as necessary to correct the problem.

ineo+6501
02-28-2011, 01:22 PM
I had a good look on TSB when this 1st came to light and found nothing. Maybe North America has a slightly different set of TAD and TNI to Europe?

Cheers

Stirton.M
03-01-2011, 03:18 AM
I think we do. There are references to banner printing here that I've never seen on NA sites, so anything is possible. Likely due to the voltage and paper size differences, to reduce confusion I suspect.

Custom Search