PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Light Copies on Di650

Custom Search

copyshopguy
01-26-2011, 05:27 PM
Hi,

I have a Di650. It prints very light and faded copies. I have changed the developer on the unit and it seemed to work OK for the first 200 copies or so but then the light/faded copies problem returned. The drum has been recently changed as well. I don't know how to access the service mode on this machine in order to make any changes.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

CraigW
01-26-2011, 07:08 PM
The gears on the developing unit get worn down from developer leaking out seals. The mixing section stops turning and no toner is added.

Spin the drive gear, and watch the ones to the left.

minimerlin
01-26-2011, 08:12 PM
Hi,

I have a Di650. It prints very light and faded copies. I have changed the developer on the unit and it seemed to work OK for the first 200 copies or so but then the light/faded copies problem returned. The drum has been recently changed as well. I don't know how to access the service mode on this machine in order to make any changes.

Any input or advice would be greatly appreciated.

ThanksThe fact that you state that you do not know how to get into the service mode makes me wonder about what you did when you changed the drum and later on the developer! You have to clear counters and carry out a setup procedure after any major items such as these are replaced! You need to either get a tech with the manual or a copy of the manual yourself if you are a tech. If you do not do the setup, then the copier does not know the toner/carrier ratio to maintain so copy can get lighter. Also there is as CraigW posted a wear problem with the dev gears that also gives problems.

copyshopguy
01-27-2011, 02:48 PM
Hi,

I have checked the gears on the dev unit as CraigW suggested and one of them is broken stopping the others to turn and rotate. Is it possible to simply replace the gears and get the unit working? Where can I get those gears for cheap? Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks

Custom Search