PDA

View Full Version : C451 Misfeed fuser area, Error 3725 cannot clear

Custom Search

LCP
01-27-2011, 05:32 PM
Removed a jam , just before the fuser. ran a handful of prints afterwards then the misfeed occurred. The location on the display is where the fuser would be. I pulled the fuser to check for scraps of paper, there was none to be found. Also also manually fed paper in the to paper path and closed the door to test the rest of the sensors, those all checked out. Started up the printer with out the Fuser installed and it threw a C-3725 error. reset the trouble code, installed the fuser and reboot, same misfeed error. Every time the copier boots up you hear the usual gear grinding for 2 secs as if the copier has a new paper jam or misfeed.

This fuser has 30k on it, installed it back in November. Does anyone know what the sensor number is for the sensor just under the fuser, so i can check the service control panel? Any other ideas?

mrwho
01-27-2011, 05:43 PM
In case you don't know (you don't specify), that error means the fuser is overheating, which would probably mean a bad temperature sensor.

Now, the fuser is not serviceable (there are no spare parts for it) so you got one of two choices:

- Get an old fuser and either swap it with that one or try to dismantle both and get the sensors from the old fuser to that one;
- Get a new fuser.

LCP
01-27-2011, 05:51 PM
Sorry, I didn't specify. I am aware that's what that error means. I guess whats perplexing about that is I only get the error message when I boot the printer with the fuser removed. I'm not getting the usual " install fuser unit" message that I should be getting under this condition. Im not getting the 3725 error while the fuser is installed just the misfeed error. To clarify I'm not a printer tech, just a system admin that is trouble shooting. My company against my wishes decided to cancel the service contract because it was too expensive, and now I'm left to trouble shoot.... well maybe they will learn the lesson after this, I can only hope.

Stirton.M
01-28-2011, 03:08 AM
Consult a qualified technician. Whoever made the decision is an idiot for dropping the service contract and you can quote me on that. Consumables on this machine are VERY expensive, and your troubleshooting efforts can lead you to blowing a control board, power supply and a few other boards sharing the same circuit, and essentially end up costing you several thousand dollars to repair the paper weight sitting before you. If the service tech does this themselves, KM absorbs the cost of the repairs.

mrwho
01-28-2011, 08:26 AM
Ditto. Typical management style, drop a small expense to save a few bucks in the short run and then end up paying lots more, not counting with the machine's downtime and hours spent by someone trying to solve it instead of doing some "real" work.

Dropping a service contract is a good idea if the machine works flawlessly - which almost never happens. It's like betting on the lottery - you might win, but most likely you'll lose money.

Custom Search