PDA

View Full Version : DesignJet 500 21:10 error

Custom Search

Jeff M.
01-28-2011, 08:04 PM
Have a DJ 500, turn on unit, carrier moves to the left, then to extreme right. Goes onto service station, back to the left, just off the service station and comes up with a 21:10 error. Looking closely, after the carrier moves to the left, the cleaning wipers move forward then back to home, the carrier then moves to the service station. Replaced the carrier belt about 6 months ago, been working until 2 days ago. Any thoughts? Thanks..... Jeff M.

JustManuals
01-28-2011, 08:57 PM
This Parts & Service manual can now be purchased for $12.77 and downloaded immediately after payment from
Just Manuals | The Internet's largest collection of manuals | Instant Downloads - Just Manuals | The Internet's largest collection of manuals | Instant Downloads (http://www.justmanuals.com)

Paul@justmanuals.com

Jeff M.
01-31-2011, 12:01 PM
Thanks, Paul. I have the manual (actually purchased it from you), but was hoping to double check it is the service station that needs to be replaced by someone who had this problem before I ordered one... Jeff M.

Jeff M.
02-07-2011, 07:50 PM
Update on 21:10 problem. Replaced service station.... solved problem. Thanks..... Jeff M.

Ducttape n Glue
02-08-2011, 02:53 PM
Jeff, alot of times you can clean the service stations out and they will work perfectly fine again. I save all my old ones and clean and test them and they go back on the shelf as used units, but perfectly good for a quick field replacement.

Jeff M.
02-08-2011, 05:49 PM
Thanks, Ducttape, didn't think of doing that. Wasn't sure what was causing the code, a bad motor or just sluggish because it's dirty. Worth a shot. Thanks...... Jeff M.

ZeusGT
03-04-2011, 04:42 AM
It's a good idea to keep the older cleaning stations and clean them like Ducttape said being that they are getting a little harder to acquire. From what I understand, HP is phasing these parts out.

jeff33
03-15-2011, 03:26 AM
HP is not phasing these parts out, they are fairly cheap, about $100. It is not worth the time and the mess to try to save these. I carry them as car stock.

Custom Search