PDA

View Full Version : Miscellaneous Minolta Di200f will scan no more!

Custom Search

bernyb
01-29-2011, 12:49 AM
This customer has had this machine for a long time and now it doesn't scan anymore. When you push the scan button it says that option not available. I have done some work on this copier but am ignorant on the ins and outs of scanning problems. Is there something other than replacing the network card that can be done? I already have a line on some used parts for it but I thought I would check with you guys and see if there was something simpler. Thanks:confused:

kronical
01-29-2011, 03:48 AM
If memory serves me, the scan option is a seperate DIMM on the onboard controller. Try reseating it, else it may have burned out.

You could also try a factory reset, though I am not sure of the exact proceedure off the top of my head.

Hansoon
01-29-2011, 08:53 AM
Its a separate Smart Card hidden under the main controller board. Try reseating first.

Hans

copierdude1
01-30-2011, 04:33 AM
If you take the pi3502 print controller, you'll notice that the board inside has a scan disk installed underneath it. If you replaced the pi3502 and did not swap these, it will not be able to scan as the one that is designed for scannig has special programing installed. Other than this, check the mfb board.

bernyb
01-31-2011, 08:52 PM
Hey guys thanks for all the tips. I was back there this morning checking all your suggestions. I didn't do a factory reset. I took the Pi 3502 board out and reseated the smart card and there were no changes. Still says option not installed when hitting the extra scan button on console. My next step is to replace the Pi 3502 board or what else?

Hansoon
01-31-2011, 09:13 PM
Other functions OK like print function and web interface? If not, check the hook up cable from the controller to the machine logic.

Reboot machine every time after you check something.

The NIC's of these machine are failing by the bunch these days. It starts with very slow printing, than later on the web interface cannot be called up etc.

Hans

copierdude1
01-31-2011, 10:48 PM
ok, the machine also takes special memory for scanning that gets added to the pi3502, if this goes bad the machine wont recognize scanning. Other than this, replce the pi3502, keep smart card and memory for the new one.

copierdude1
01-31-2011, 10:50 PM
Ok, check the memory on the pi3502. There should be added memory for scanning. If this goes bad the machine may not recognize scanning. Other than this, your right, replace the pi3502. Make sure you keep the memory and scan card, since you will need these and their hard to come by.

copierdude1
01-31-2011, 10:56 PM
Your right, replace the pi3502 but keep the smart card and memory.

Custom Search